About 1 year ago I was diagnosed with HVP but at "very low grade".
I have had two pap tests since to keep track of it and still has come up with the "very low grade" abnormalities. My doctor wants me to under-go one more pap test in hope that my immune system will fight it and it will disapear on its own. If it hasnt she wants me to have a procedure done,
where they will remove the abnormal cells. What do they do exactly to remove the cells? Does it hurt? And can I be put to sleep for the procedure?
All of this makes me feel so uncomfortable... any advice?
Also, can my boyfriend be treated in anyway so that we are both clear of any abnormalities? :'(

Go look up colposcapy or something like that

I was diagnosed with HPV about 3 months ago after having my annual pap. The HPV caused displasia, or precancerous cells, in my cervix. The first thing they had to do was take a biopsy (colposcapy) of the abnormal tissue for testing. they do this by having you lay back with you feet in sturrups then they pinch off the pieces they need for testing. Most doctors will tell you that this doesn't hurt and you are given nothing for the pain. Most women don't have any pain just slight cramping. Personally it hurt me pretty bad. I suggest taking a few Ib profins about an hour before. After the test came back showing positive for displasia they had to do Cryotherapy/Cryosurgery. This is were they freeze the cervix. To do this you lay but with your feet in the sturrups. They freeze it for about 3 - 5 minutes. I felt a slight sting and my face got hot, then towards the end I could feel the cold in my vagina. While it was being it didn't hurt at all. But afterwards I got this really bad "OMG I really have to pee" feeling. For the first couple hours after the cryo I was extremely uncomfortable. After the proceedure was done I had a watery discharge that was pretty heavy. I was going through a pad about every two hours. I had a couple chunks come out that my doctor said was completely normal. Also my following period was a few days late but that's normal too.