Hi, I have an osteoarthritis and the pain is really bothering me. My doctor has proscribed me Motrin to reduce the pain caused by osteoarthritis. But now I have some sort of kidney disorder and a friend told me that Motrin is bad for persons with kidney problems. Should I take Motrin no matter?

Hi. Well, I have rheumatoid arthritis and take Motrin, works great for me. But Motrin is just another name for ibuprofen, and everybody knows that ibuprofen is bad for your kidneys. More, Motril could be the cause of your kidney disorder. Motrin is used for fever, pain and inflammation, but you shouldn`t take the med if you have an allergy, ulcer, kidney disease, coagulation disorder, heart disease or high blood pressure. Motrin can give you some side effects, also, such as muscle cramps, ulcers, tarry stools, jaundice, heartburn, dizziness or headache.