My mother had a car accident last month and she had injured her back and left leg. It was a miracle she did not broke anything, but her back nerves were damaged. She has been prescribed with Mobic for back and leg pain and I would like to know would this drug do her good? I am worried for her, she is 56 years old and I think that she would not tell me if she was in some pain. Thats the way she is.

Mobic is an effective painkiller that works by reducing the level of prostaglandins in our body, substance that helps the inflammation process, thus reducing the pain. It should help with the nerves problem, but you have to be aware there could be some side effects that might show after several months of usage. Since your mother would not talk about that, you have t watch out for stomach problems, nausea, allergic reactions etc. At first sign of trouble, speak to her doctor.