I had my whipple surgery in August 2011. There was a precancerous polop near my pancreas duct. I now have huge gas build up and I'm trying to find a solution. When I go to bed at 11pm I wake up at 1am, 3am, and 6am to go to the bathroom to have a bowl movement and get ried of that painful gas. Can anybody relate to this?

hi mike sorry to hear you are having problems my wife also has the same problem was wondering if you found a solution she has no colon and had the whipple pro as well 9hour op and  and 2 more after that to correct leaks after 9 weeks in hospital  and just come home she is experiancing violent gas nearly every hour and has not eaten solid food for the time only jj tube feed i hope all is better for you

My husband is having the same symptoms which didn't start till one year after the proc! We have just now started to look into this and will be seeing a gastro doc soon.

If anyone winds up on this site and has an answer, please pass it on!