I'm a 22 year old female that developed hemorroids a month before I gave birth to my first child (June 12, 2012), due to all the pressure from being pregnant. I finally went to the doctor to get them checked out on January 31, 2013. I was told that I had an Anal Fissure, and I would be scheduled the surgery on February 11, 2013. However, after surgery I was told that they saw that it was a lot worse that they thought, so I got the Anal Fissure surgery along with a hemorroidectomy. The pain I felt was simply unbearable. That's as simple as I could put it. It was sad that a 2 day recovery turned into more of a 2-3 week recovery. I was prescribed pain pills, and was directed to take Miralax daily. I didn't take the Miralax until the 1st day after surgery. That night I felt the urge to have a bowel movement, but the most I could get out was blood, so I decided to hold off until the following day. This morning, I had the worst time trying to have a bowel movement. However, to my surprise, I ended up having a bowel movement with less pain than I thought I would have. I applied vasoline to my rectum on both the outside, and the inside of my anus, followed by soaking in a warm bath for about 30 minutes. To try and relieve pressure, I put my finger in my anus for about 2 minutes. After I got out of the tub, I went to the toilet. It took me a good 10 minutes to actually face my fears and start to push. However, after I did push, I had success without much pain. I put my feet on about a 6 inch magazine tub to relieve some of the pressure on my anus. That really helped me, and I hope that it will work for someone else. I didn't realize the extent of pain that I would feel with this surgery, but now that I have I would rather give birth to another child than to have this surgery. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, and I hope that anyone who has this surgery is able to have some relief when making a bowel movement for the first time. I also want to add that I never have taken medicine for much of anything, and I'm also a vegetarian. Perhaps I would recommend that one would try a vegetarian diet about a week before the surgery is done. I didn't drink much liquid as I should have been, but I was able to have a decent bowel movement. I would also advise that you don't strain and push. Just slightly push, and take your time. 

Sorry to hear about your everything you have gone through. I had an anal fissure myself and I can totally relate to it being the worst pain in the world :-( I was very lucky that my Mom found an all natural product that I used to heal my fissure and I called off my surgery. I have created a website to help others dealing with anal fissures and have information about the product I used. You may want to consider giving it a try even though you have had the surgery. Your body really needs to heal so that you do not have a repeat occurrence.

*** post is edited by moderator ***web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

How about your present condition, really wanted to know .......I also had both haemmorroidectomy and lateral internal sphincterectomy 8 days ago...... I wanted to know your present situation.