I have been dealing with allergies ever since my puberty and I have to say that I am getting used to a life that includes medications and avoiding several allergens. Anyway, doctor decided that I should try some new therapy that includes flonase and Zyrtec. How long does it take for these two drugs to start working?

Flonase is a corticosteroid and this drug reduces the inflammation that affected nasal breathing airways and is commonly used in a form of spray. Zyrtec ia an antihistamine. It blocks the effect of that substance and subdues the allergy symptoms. Both of these medications are supposed to start working fast after applying. Nasal blood vessels are numerous, so the drug substance is spread quickly.

This is untrue. Flonase is a corticosteroid, and as such, they work by changing the production of certain proteins and cytokines. This change in production is not instant as cortney would have you believe. In fact, the majority of patients I see require at minimum 1 week to see any type of symptom relief from the use of nasal corticosteroids.