Hi, my 16 months old baby has cold symptoms like sneezing nose, inflammation of throat and being weak. But, since she is also allergic to pollen I’m not sure anymore is it cold or is it allergy.
Last time she had cold her nasal discharge was white, this time it’s yellow. What can be concluded upon difference between color of nasal discharge?

Hi, my child also has allergy and if she catches viral infection in the same time, it’s really not easy to distinguish these two. This is especially difficult in may when many flowers, grasses and trees are in the bloom. However, both allergy and cold have some identical symptoms that can be treated. An allergy test can be used to specify allergy cause and try to avoid it, what can lead to decrease in symptoms. Anyway, I don’t believe that you can differentiate allergy and cold based on color of nasal discharge. If a child has sinusitis the color of discharge can vary from white, yellow to green.