Whenever I go to sleep at night I'm fine but when I wake up in the morning I have a stuffed nose, scratchy adnoids and scratchy right ear and sneezing. This has been going on and off for a few years especially when I turn on the air conditioner, the heat or if it is just cold. I can't figure out what this could be but people have told me that I might have an allergy. Up until this point I have had no allergies to anything but sometimes with dust when I inhale it I start sneezing like crazy. I don't know what to do but I may have to go to the doctor to get this checked out but if any of you have experienced this I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you

I have the same thing. It has been going on for a long time as well as my spending a lot of $$$ on allergy medications.
I go to bed feeling fine and like you, i wake up about 5 a.m. because i can't breath. I figured it out, in my case anyway, it may be dust mites. I know it is for me. I have to change my sheets about every 2 to 3 days and wash my top blankets with each bed change. I can't wash my comforter that much so i roll it around in the dryer on high heat with every sheet change. I also invested in a allergy reducer pillow protector which i put my pillow in and zip it up. I can not see buying new bed pillows every few months, the protector works well for me. I also spray allergy reducer Febreez on my bed once a day. Besides keeping the dust mites at bay, it makes the bed smell real nice.
I invested in an air cleaner for the bedroom. It was about 200.00 because my bedroom is so large. I keep it on the closest wall next to the bed. I have to clean that once every few weeks, but because i am so paranoid, i clean it about every week.
Also, i started to use Zyrtec about a year ago. You can buy it over the counter and is 5.99 for 5 pills. I swear by them too.
I take one at night, about 7, and it works straight thru until the next nite about the same time. They are non drowsy for me, tho they say they can cause drowsiness on the box.
A warm bedroom really blocks up my whole face. Just try to sleep with the window cracked a little. This allows fresh air to circulate around your room. If nothing else, try the Zyrtec, i can almost promise that you will notice a difference within 2 or 3 days after you start to use them. I never ever had allergies until a few years ago. We change as we get older. Something so predictable suddenly becomes unpredictable as we get older.
Good luck and sleep well.

i no this is an old thread but maybe sumones still watchin it...i have about the same problem as the above user with sum slight changes. I go to bed and wake up extremely early in the morning because my nose is 100% blocked which makes for a huge loss of sleep. i already no that i have a dust/pollen allergy have since i was born so the inside of my nose swells up which is wat causes the blockage. i use afrin which seems to work for temporary relief but i would rather find out what the problem is and fix it.

is there any possibility my adenoids r what causing this? i can literally feel the swelling in the back of my nose and during the winter it gets a lot worse which i would guess is becuz the heater is always on making the atmosphere dry. if it helps i also have sports enduced asthma (caused by the same allergy).

seriously before i found a medication that worked (afrin) for years i was only getting an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per night until i would burn out and fall asleep until the cycle restarted......hell.