I have allergies. Dust, dander, certain odors etc.
I take Zyrtec which i consider my wonder drug. I also have an inhaler that was prescribed.
About 2 weeks ago i got a bad chest cold which got my asthma up again.
Now, here is my problem....
When i am not home, i have no breathing problems at all. I don't wheeze, cough, sneeze, nothing. I feel absolutly fine. With in an hour or so of being in the house, it starts to act up. I can feel it begin in my chest and before long i am a coughing hacking mess.
We live in a very old house. Back in the late 1800's it was an ammunition barracks. Thru the years it was home to several other business's. The owner before us renovated it and turned it into a 4 family dwelling. We bought it 15 years ago. We owned another property at the time we bought this one so we didn't live here until 8 years ago.
I am very allergic to my cat, which i control with the Zyrtec. I am fine with that. Could there be something in this house within the walls that is affecting me??
We had a problem with mold but had that taken care of.
When i say taken care of, meaning we had the roof fixed. Water would leak into the walls causeing a portion of the wall to buckle under each of the windows. We never looked deeper into the walls. I would think where there is standing water with no remedy, there is mold?? We just fixed the buckle and spackled and painted.
I don't even want to be home any more. When i am out i am fine.
We also heated the house with propane which was fine. Now with the rising price of heating fuel, we went back to the electric heat. I am wondering if it is that.
Has anyone ever been allergic to their home, i think???

my daughter coughs only at our house...we got rid of the hampster thinking that was it but she is still coughing