Hi my name is Jad. I live in Dubai since 5 months, i was in Paris before
It's going to be a year that i have this proplem.
I have my mucous membranes swollen for 11 months now it just came like that without particular reason, i have no pain, just every time when i eat my noze flow, and above all and the most important is that it's distorting my face. I tried all kind of anti-allergic it didn't work a doctor told me that it was an angioedema so he gave me mediecin for that, but still nothing. i even tried injection of cortisone and also nothing.
Can some one tell me what i have and how to treat it ?
I really don't know what to do more ? specialy that doctors here are not really good here?

Do you have any other symptoms like frequent headaches, problems breathing, cold symptoms, etc
The only thing that comes to my mind is sinusitis, an inflammations of the sinus lining. Sinus are lined with the same mucus membrane nose is, so if there is an inflammation of the sinus lining, maybe the same thing could be causing your nose mucus membrane to swell. It could be bacteria, viruses or fungi, grass and tree pollen, overuse of nasal decongestants and from different snorting substances.

I find it strange that your nose swells only after eating. Does it happen every time after a meal or when you eat something specific?

Thanks for your respond.
Yes i have little difficulty to breath from my noze. My mucous are always swelled even when i don't eat. but when i eat, water is coming out as if i have a big flu. I didn't notice specilly headache or cold symptoms.
The swelling came and is approximately the same since 11 month (i cant not say that the improvement are really big after 11 month) it's not that the swelling comes and goes it stay stable .

Hello! I just read your post and it is quite possible that you do have angioedema, a chronic one whose cause cannot be found. There must be a cause for the swelling, but more than often it happens that the cause can’t be found even by experienced doctors. Because the cause can’t be found, a doc can’t prescribe just the thing you need. This is common.

It is quite possible that there are different kinds of angioedema because different people respond to different treatments. However, there are still no scientific proves for this statement. Until the solution is found, I guess you will have to work on what you know that aggravates the condition and maybe in the meantime you get lucky with the treatment!

Is there any treatment that yoy can advise me ? Like i tols you i m in dubai and the doctors here are not so good . I already tryed Anti-istamine and Cortise . None of those two did anything

I really wouldn’t want to give you any advises about the treatment especially because we can’t say for sure what the cause of your problem is. I am sorry but you will have to turn to medical stuff you have around you.

It seems like over the last few years the inner lining (mucous membrane) behind my upper lip has lost its elasticity and become a little fatty. This fatty tissue hangs below my lip and slighty covers the top portion of my front teeth. The only way to hide this tissue is to keep my upper lip in a tightened position, which becomes tiring after awhile. I'm always self-conscious about it in public. I guess I will have to get a surgeon to slice it off...

aes

Over the the last few years the inner lining of my upper lip has developed some excess tissue, such as that it hangs down below my lip line and covers the top portion of my front teeth. It I tighten my lip I can mask it, but over time this becomes very tiiring. Needless to say I am very self-conscious about it in public. I guess I will have to have surgery to slice it off?

I have the same problem. Your tongue knows what is swelling that doctors can't feel through five pr of latex gloves. I have been called a crock. I have been told this is my imagination. I was told you are nuts: there is nothing there. You can't grieve the death of your mother. It feels AWFUL. Every am more swelling, horrid taste and ill stomach. Finally someone said I had a cracked tooth. Don't get ideas that medicine is better anywhere else. If the doctor can't solve the patient they psychopathologize the patient. I am miserable from all the insults. I gargle in strong salt water, I use lozenges and I debreed my mouth tissue as deep as I can with my tongue. I also think of dying it is so awful and most dentists are so mean about t his.