Hi! About a month I have excessive thick mucous in my throat. It is very uncomfortable. Sometimes at night I wake up because that. I have problems with cold since childhood. What can cause excessive thick mucous in my throat? Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Hi! Many factors may cause increased production of thin secretions. These include: infections with respiratory viruses, such as cold and flu; allergies; exposure to the cold; spicy food and medication. Structural abnormalities, such as a deviated or irregular nasal septum, can also increase mucus production. Mucus may become thick and copious in centrally heated homes in winter, in infections of the nose or sinuses, and with allergies, particularly to dairy products. You should visit your doctor. The treatment depends on the cause and, you may need proper assessment by an ear, nose and throat specialist.

there is no cure your body has to fight the virus

i had c**p in my thorat for about 2 years now , my nose is fine its clear all the time but i feel like i have excessive saliva , so i looked it up and some 1 sayed it could be tonsil stones my tonsils r a little swolen with white stuff in em but i cant get the "stones" out cause there 2 small, i spit clear stuff like 30x a day , i think i have bad breath cause of the tonsil stone wtf do i do?

YES!! I had the same problem!! Let me ask you 2 things: do you also have plenty of aches and stiffness throughout your body? Do you always have a sore throat? Swollen lymph nodes? Are you sensitive to cold? Are you having a difficult time with your weight? Do you always feel tired?????
If so, look up Hashimotos Thyroiditus and or Fibromyalgia. I have both and am feeling fantastic now. An estimated 1 out of 10 people have a thyroid disease and most people don't know it. Thyroiditus and fibromyalgia seem to be intricately connected.
I take 600mg of Mucinex in the am and pm everyt day and all my symptoms from Fibromyalgia have disappeared. You may want to check out http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/GuaiProtocol.htm-- this center came up with the mucinesx protocol and has changed so many lives!
I am taking 2 thyroid medicines which also changed every other symptom!
Most websites only have short lists of all the symptoms for each disease...so put in the disease name and EVERY SINGLE seemingly random symptom you have!
PLEASE PLEASE let me know if this helps

i have had this for 4 years, i went to doctor after doctor. and then my ent told me that it was acid reflux, he gave me some new meds, because i was taking nexium but only when i needed it. i started taking the new meds everyday for the pass week and 1/2 and its almost gone. have your doctor put ypu on zegerid 40mg/1100mg two times a day. and your problems will be over. he told me that in would take about 4 to 6 weeks then one per day, hope it helps you, let me know

try zegerid its acid reflux, i had the same problem for 4 years

Just found this site. I have been having this type of thing for years. Mayo Clinic couldn't figure it out three years ago! Last May I had a hernia operation (wrong) because my lower lymphs are so large. The anethesiologist told me to see a pulmonary specialist as that was the root of my problem. Having done that, I am still being observed and did have an infection there. It apparently is the root reason for my mucous. God Bless us all.

I had the same problem for the past one year. Tried Doctor after Doctor. They gave me lots of medicines but it did not work. Then I went to Ayurvedic Doctor. He gave an Indian medicine called " TALISA PATRADI VATAKAM" 1 g which is chewable. Also he told me to take water before and after taking solid food. Now my problem is gone.

I have tried oil-pulling with good results. It leaves a clean fresh mouth and lifts mucous from the throat I have found.

I had problems with excessive mucous in my throat for years to the point that I had problems swallowing food at times. Someone told me to eat a teaspoon of local honey and take 500mg of bee pollen. It has worked wonders in a very short time.

Where does one buy the Talisa Patradi Vatakam?

Guys drink Lemon water before sleeping, it's works wonderfully,you will not get any saliva wholenight

I had tonsil stones and they got big and I would randomly cough them out. I thought they were little peanut bits for a while LOL. They do cause bad breath and very uncomfortable. I had my tonsils removed about 2 years ago and have way better breath now.

Does TALISA PATRADI VATAKAM help thin mucus. I have Sjogrens and bronchiectasis. And lately I've felt like I've had thick mucus in my throat and cannot get it out. Sometimes it feels like it's trapped between sinus and throat.