The last 3 days my nose at bridge is very sore..the bone is painful and red and swollen. Haven't hit it, so don't know.

Maggie, did you get a response? I'm having the very same problem. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Debbie

Are people finding this to be sinusitus? I have the same symptoms--sore, swollen, red bridge of my nose for no apparent reason. I tend to get sinus infections but they never manifest this way. I've had mild headaches and pain behind my eyes but not typical "sinus" discomfort so that's why I'm stumped.

Thanks,
B in KC

I have the same EXACT thing and it feels like I got punched in the nose? what is it?

Too weird. I have the same exact thing going on. I don't know if I should go to the doctor or not. At first I though maybe my boyfriend or little boy clocked me in the nose while sleeping but it's not really like that and it doesn't seem to be going away. Did anyone get an answer yet?

rainebeaubrite@hotmail.com

Sarah

I to feel like someone punched me in the nose. Red, swollen and very painful. This is the third year of this. About this time last year and the year befor I had this happen. The two other times I went to the doctor and they thought maybe a spider bite, With the cold winter moving in maybe the spiders where coming in due to the cold. So they gave me meds. But the meds they gave me did not help. And now here I am the third year and once more the pain of it all. The only diffrance this year I live in Ca. not Co. So I guess it is not the spiders coming in due to the cold, it has been 76-80 here. So I am asking can anyone tell me what this is? I feel like my nose is going to bust and I can't touch it to blow my nose with out it killing me to do so. Any ideas would be a great help.
Thank You,
DBrooks
San Diego, Ca.

I am also having the painful swollen red nose. Four days ago when it started, I thought I had been hit while sleeping, but now I am thinking it is something else. I have had a runny nose to go along with the pain and it is almost impossible to blow my nose. What is going on and should I see a doctor?

This is the second time I've had this, and it's exactly as you all describe! The bridge of my nose, right where the cartilage joins the bone, is swollen, bruised, and very sore. No runny nose though. I have an allergy to dust, but take Allegra and Nasocort for it.

This is so bizarre! I'm going to see if I can get in with my Doctor tomorrow.

Hi, I have the exact same problem, but when I went to the doctor, he said I should remember the next time I get hit in the nose, even though I explained to him I was never hit in the nose. I had a cold last week so thought maybe it was from that? If anyone knows what to do, please tell me. the bridge of my nose kills me and I feel like I need surgery or something its soo sore :S

I hate to post and not have an answer, but I too have been experiencing the same tenderness on the bridge of my nose. It has lasted for almost 3 weeks and so has my sore throat. I thought these things would go away by themselves....i saw on a website it might be sinusitis

Hi everyone! I've had exactly the same symptoms for four days now - the bridge of my nose is red, swollen and very painful (throbbing sensation). I put a cold compress on my nose before I went to bed last night and it seemed to ease the pain a little bit. I first noticed the pain a few days ago while blowing my nose - it was located near the tip of my nose where the bone joins the cartilage. Then the pain started moving up. I couldn't really understand what caused it. I thought that maybe my husband punched my nose while sleeping, or that maybe I hit the night stand while turning and didn't even realize it. I read on another website that this condition is called Nasal Cellulitis and this is an infection that can be caused by acne, dry cracked nose membranes or even a small cut somewhere around your face. If left untreated it can even spread to your brain. A doctor prescribes an antibiotic to get rid of it. I went to see a doctor today because I was alarmed by all the information that I read about this condition. The doctor looked at my nose and said that it didn't really look swollen or red to him. He said that I probably just popped a vessel while blowing my nose and that's what causing the pain. He basically just blew me off. I'm 99% sure that I have Nasal Cellulitis. The symptoms match perfectly. I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away within the next couple of days I'll go see the doctor again. Hope this information helps you guys! :)

This is a symptom of sinus infection/sinusitis.

Hi everyone. Just adding my name to the list of painful nose bearers. I too have thought of allergic reactions and spider bites. I guess I will be off to the doctor in the next week. My father once developed a cyst in his brain that originated from a pimple in his nose. If he knew I was suffering this as long as I have, he would punch me in the nose.
A Cummings
Hubbards NS

I went to the doctor with he same symptoms. Sore, swollen nose for no reason...started last Thursday and continued to get worse. They are treating it as a cellulitis type infection with Keflex antibiotic.

Dear fellow nose sufferers
I have had a sore nose bridge for two days and also a bit of a runny nose.
Have been researching and think it is sinusitus. The Bupa website has a very useful fact sheet on sinusitus which shows that there are sinuses just behind your nose bridge.
I'm also going to doctors for check up.
Best.