I am 18, f, and from scotland( not that that makes a difference), I have a like hard lump well its not a lump as such when i put my finger up nose to you know just compare both sides the right nostril is like really it feels liek a massive blockage and i am really scared, it does not hurt and had been like this for months, a really long time, and im scared to go to an ENT Specialist because of the verdit on what it actually may be, I think its a Daviated Septum although i just don't no what to do, Im really scared, Can anyone tell me what they think it could be and i hope that there is no risks cause i mean i have had this thing for ages like more than 6 months now, I hope i cannot die from it!

Please write back to me, ThanK YOU, Jennifer.

An ENT doctor will be the only one who can properly diagnose you and give you the proper treatment. If it has lasted for 6 months, it's probably not going to heal spontaneously. Face up to it and go see an ENT soon. It's better to deal with it now than prolong the agony.

My wife has the same problem, and has been to (2) ENT's, and (2) dermatologists, and still no solution.
She has no pain with her nostril, however, there is a hard lump, that goes down when she presses on it. It also oozes a clear liquid and at times a waxy film forms over it.

Mike

My wife has a similat problem. The nostril has a lump just inside the nose on the inward side. When she presses on the lump, it ouzzes a clear liquid.
She has been to (2) ENTs and (2) dermatologists, and no help. They gave her some cream and pills.
She has had the condition for six months.
Let us know if you have found a solution.
Good luck

Im not sure what the lump is but if the nostrils feel like they are different sizes this fits with the idea of a deviated septum. This is where the septum (bit in the middle separating the two nostrils) is more to one side than the other - you can be born with this or can get it if you bump your nose. This will also cause you to have a runny nose more often and generally find it harder to breath in through one nostril (try covering one at a time to test this out).

Many people have a minor deviated septum and its not actually a problem that needs treating unless it is causing a massive problem - ie. nose getting congested all the time... But definitely go see your doctor, who should then refer you to an ENT specialist.

I have a similar problem. Used to get sinus headaches all the time. then they moved down to my right nasal passages - had terrible tooth / jaw ache - tried all kinds of sprays and sinus pills - now I find a large lump between my upper right teeth and cheek. The whole right side of my face hurts but mostly my mouth and is swollen - have just begun antibiotics - has anyone else had this experience and what was the results - any way to prevent it. I'm going to using a neti pot.

This sounds like one of the hair folicals inside the nose has become infected. Perhaps as a boil, where one of the nose hairs has been pulled and as a result the dead follical is infected. This is often felt as a hard painful lump the size of a very small pea under the skin inside the nose. If you scratch it out, you get mild relief but it just comes back over time.

The only option is to have the thing properly taken out by the doctor, should be just a quick relatively painless scratch with a surgical tool to properly dig it out and then antibiotics.

See your general medical doctor or at best ENT specialist.

to what the guy above me said, i had that problem and the doctor told me it was something called a furuncle. he prescribed me a nasal cream called naseptin. you should try that out if thats what you have

did you notice that the massive swollen membrane appears in one nostril and after some time it contracts and starts expanding in another nostril.
if you bend toward left ,left nostril closes while upper right one opens and viceversa.?

Is there any kind of discharge from your nose ?

that swollen mass dont pain usually.

makes you headache and some kind of sleepiness, dizziness??

Ok... So, I have some sort of weird ball iNSIDE my nose that actually moves up and down the passage (right side)... It gets swollen sometimes and makes it hard to breath. No pain, just annoying! At first I thought it was booger (ha), but when I tried to blow it out blood came out and yellow slime. I got to thinking, and its been like that since I was a kid! Its only just recently that its gotten worse, I'm guessing since I had started smoking a few years ago. Is this the same deal? Or something entirely different? It doesn't puss, and it doesn't show up outside the nose, but it does get really runny sometimes.

Wow glad I found this website...I have been researching my lump in my nose I have had for over 2 yrs no doc...pt worker..eeks. So I believe it could be an ingrown hair foicle. As one of guest said. Mine came right after I used my nose trimmer...but its allergy season and I can not breath....so been taking sufed the strong stuff ugh...makes me tense...I hate it but I can breath...seems like up higher in the nasal passage on same side a little swollen so the swelling goes down a tiny bit...passages open up with sufed... But the ball like thing is at the tip of nose where you usually trim nose hairs. Did anyone else use a nose trimmer lately?

However I looked up what he or she dr prescribed....and I am allergic to sulfate and sulfites...yes both trust me. So now trying to find a homopatic solution for naseptin. Any ideals?

Can you use perixode...in your nose? Or some kind of oil to loose a possibly nose hair or better yet neosorprin? Sorry I can spell..no spell check on here...
Anybody? ?

Hi...I have a painful lump inside my nose and it got better with a combination of using antibacterial medicine on it and claritin D....

I have the same thing too. I'm only 17. Idk what to do with mine. It bugs me. I had it for few years now but it wasn't like this till now.

umm....that's kinda weird!i'm 18,f, i have a similar problem where a hard swelling inside my right nostril grew more and began to hurt!it improved even worse :-( my teeth began to hurt!my upper lip also swelled!! this thing was really annoying! however, a doctor diagnised it as an allergic reaction to somekinds of food!took an anti-histamine!worked but for about 2 weeks only!after that it swelled all over again! allergy medicines worked temporarly everytime! but after about 3 weeks the condition goes back!! still not sure what this is! i'd bel realy glad to find a solution!

Yes I used a nose trimmer and same deal with me.