Hi, I am 37 years old male and I have problems with breathing on my nose. Since I remember my nose didn't let enough air to pass to my lungs so I have to keep my mouth opened. Last week I have decided to visit ENT and he suggested me to make sub mucous resection. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, I also had sub mucous resection several years ago. Septum in my nose didn't let airflow to be normal so my doctor advices me to make this operation. It is not difficult operation at all. Part of cartilage of your nasal septum will be removed and they will put some stitches on mucosa. After that gaze with Vaseline will be put it your nose to keep everything as it would be and to stop bleeding. Two days after operation you will go home.

I Just got mine done yesterday and I feel no pain -- just a lot of breathing only through my mouth which is making it dry. Two of my coworkers had the same operation and they said it worked great. NO longer do they have to be carrying tissues around.

The procedure was very quick and painless. Even after the operation it was painless. The only discomfort I had was some dizziness and nausea from the anesthesia. But after throwing up, I felt fine.

It's worth doing the operation if you have chronic nasal problems which I do. A tissue for me is my security blanket. So I am hoping I can get rid of this security blanket.