Hello. I am a woman 23 years old and I have a problem with sinusitis. I am coping with it somehow, but what is really bothering me is that I am coughing up mucus all the time. And I cough too much. I cant breathe properly, because my nose is clogged. Is there something I can use to suspend this symptom, or at least make it less severe? Tanks.

Hi. I have a problem with mucus whenever I am sick only a bit. I found, that the best solutions are often the simplest ones. Inhaling eucalyptus mixed with boiling water can really help. And I mean seriously help. And about the cough. You should really devote the time to find out what is causing this. A sinus CT scan can easily see what is the problem. Than you will know how to solve it.

1) Not being able to breathe properly --> maybe nasal obstruction
2) Coughing too much --> maybe post-nasal drip
3) Mucus all the time --> maybe due to increased glandular tissue secreting mucus

These symptoms could be of a mucous-producing nasal polyp. Go to a doctor so they can see in your nose. If it is, they'll give you steroids in the form of a nasal spray to dry up the polyp, and your mucous problems should go away.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND HAD A CT SCAN AND NEEDED SURGERY TO OPEN MY SINUSES AND LET THE INFECTION OUT. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CONGESTION????? I MEAN I TOOK ANTIBIOTICS ALL THE TIME BUT NOTHING HELPED SO I NEEDED SURGERY. HAVE YOU TRIED ANTIBIOTICS? THAT CAN HELP YOU, IF THAT DOESN'T HELP YOU NEED A CT SCAN AND SEE WHAT IS CAUSING IT. THIS CAN BE A POLYPS OR YOU NEED YOUR SINUSES OPENED... I CAN BREATH MUCH BETTER AND HAVE NO ABNORMAL MUCUS. THE SURGERY WAS SOOOO EASY, NO PAIN AT ALL........... TOTALLY WORTH IT, WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT!