About 2 years ago I started experiencing awful burning pulling numbness in my legs and hands. Now I have a few spots in my legs that are numb all the time and a lot of spots on my hand,arms and legs that get burning tingling numbness feelings depending on my movement and a lot of pain in my upper back,neck and shoulder area. finally after what seemed like eternity i got an MRI and it showed minor bulging in my C4,5 area a little worse bulging of my C5,6 area with slight narrowing of my spinal canal and it showed my C6,7 area to be herniated and pushing on my spine. my neurologist is referring me to a neurosurgeon but with the time it took to get to this point I was just wondering if there is anything I can do in the mean time to lessen the pain and tingling?anything will be helpful at this point.

I have had an anterior fusion, C-5,C-6, C-7 over 2 and a half years ago.  Pretty good relief.  Have had several steroid injections.  (They helped for a couple months at a time).  Now last injection was in November, 2011.  Insurance took my pain specialist, (who happened to be an Anesthesiologist), away from their list.  I am now scrambling around trying to find someone else to take care of me.  I found a pain specialist, neurologist.  Waiting for referral and appointment.  Having pain in shoulder, pretty bad at night.  Getting burning pains on forearm and pain down arms and into hands.  Time to get some relief again.  I have put on a few pound because I sleep more for pain relief, or because I haven't slept good the night before because I can't get comfortable.  Depressed because can't do what I used to do.  I take 1800 mg Gabapentin (Neurontin)  4 tabs of percoset daily and a muscle relaxant at bedtime.  Still not enough pain relief.  I do heat/ icepack when needed to help with swellling.  Have swelling in elbows which is painful.  Does anyone else have swelling in elbows from neck nerve pain?

I just had c5 c6 c7 disk replacement and fusion done last week. I had shoulder pain that run down the outside of my arms to numb hands. They went in thru my neck 2 hour surgery I am now pain free. I used Columbia orth Group in Columbia Mo. Find a Doctor you trust and get it taken care of.