does anyone have any ideas whats happening to me i woke up last thursday morning with a numbness in my hands,i just put it down to maybe sleeping funny,then by friday evening the whole front of me was numb now its been a week and my feet and legs have the same numbness/tingling sensation in them my legs feel like they cant carry me and i have a real bad pain in my shoulder almost a dull ache,i have been to the doctors and i am having a blood test done but unfortunatly i have got to wait a week before i have my bloods done then another week before the results are back its getting that bad that i dont think i can wait a nearly another 2 weeks,im 28 female no history of any diseases no stress,normally quite healthy (apart from smoking)i drink ocasinally,
i will also mention i had double vision 3 months ago in my right eye weather its related or not i dont know,im also finding my balance is not too good and i forget things more often than i did if anybody has any suggestions as to what they MAY think it is it would great as it getting on my wick!!

Hi

I am having the same feelings numbness from the breast down including my hands. Did you get your results yet?

I had exactly the same thing for several years, including always the pain my my shoulder, and the blurry vision.

To cut a long story short, it cause by nerves being compresses by tension or misalignment in neck or shoulder. I had blacked out 5 times, broke my leg and my jaw before aa physiotherapiost finally worked it out.

it is stress related as well as physical. Western medicine will not help you, if they can even work it out in the first place.

You need massage therapy, reflexology, osteopathy and to look at reducing stress in your life to manage this problem. Also weight training and swimming (but don;t do breaststroke or sleep on your stomach, it's bad for the shoulder muscles if you have this condition.)

Hope it helps. I still suffer from tingling and numbness in my hands everynow and then and chronic sciatica but I have managed to get it under control myself without painkiller and muscle relaxants which only cover the symptoms.

i am 23 years old, never had any health problems, until now. i have had numbness in my hands, feet, legs, stomach and back for almost 4 months now. i have seen countless numbers of doctors. i am currently waiting to go back to the doctor on thursday to get the results from my MRI. i am praying that they find something so i can have some relief. it is almost unbearable to put on shoes, and honestly i just feel like i am going crazy. any ideas?!?

hi i have the same thing wrong i had an mri done on the 13 of march and now the called me for a repeat one im going crazy

when i went for my follow up for the mri, the doctor said there was nothing wrong. he says there is nothing wrong with my back, but i KNOW there is. i can tell that the numbness in my feet gets worse depending on how i sit. also it is not as bad when i first wake up in the morning. the doc gave me a cortizone shot but it didnt do anything. he told me to try physical therapy deep tissue massage. maybe that will help?!? have you had any shoulder pain? mine is right under my right shoulder. the spine doctor said he was out of ideas and that i need to see a neurologist.
:-(

have you gotten MRI results back yet?
have you had any changes in your condition?!

I am also having some strange medical issues. I am 30 y/o, will be 31 in June. I have been relatively healthy until the last year or so. They seemed to really start after I had a c-section, epidural and spinal in Nov 06. I started having some feelings of my legs going to sleep at night, then occasional muscle twitches/spasms in legs. Also have feelings of weakness at times, like my legs are going to give out. The doctors have been trying to rule things out..I have had an MRI of the entire spine, cervical, thoracic and lumbar, which was diagnosed as normal. I have had several sinus infections, and recently had sinus surgery, thinking that would help. It hasn't so far. My pain is in my left lower abdomen, not really the shoulder. It seems my numbness is getting worse...I feel it from the chest down, or neck down at times, with loss of joint position sense at times. I am going to my GP and insist she get me in to see the neurologist. They still have not performed an MRI of the brain....US or my uterus and ovaries after c-section was normal today. It seems like usually after a bowel movement, the numbness in legs is somewhat relieved for a little while, and get some increase at times after eating. It makes no sense to me. I am really hoping it isn't some autoimmune thing like MS. No one in my family has any type of autoimmune disease, so I am truly puzzled and scared. Does anyone know what this might be? Could infection cause this?

I have had lower back pain for the past 2 weeks and in the last 4 days have developed numbness in my arms and legs that seems to get worse if I lie down. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks in the past but feelings of numbness have only ever lasted temporarily. This is pretty much a constant. Does anyone know if chronic numbness can be a symptom of anxiety too?

Well, since I last posted, I went to the neurologist. He did an exam, and thinks I may have MS or transverse myelitis, but he has to do tests such as brain MRI, lumbar puncture and nerve conduction studies to rule it out. Someone my husband works with had similar symptoms to mine, and turned out she was just B12 deficient, and has to have shots of B12 for the rest of her life. They tested my B12 and it was normal. I go back in Friday for MRI, lumbar puncture and nerve conduction studies(which I've heard are painful). I pray he is wrong about his possible diagnoses, and there is some other explanation. No one in my family has any type of autoimmune thing, with the exception of my grandmothers developing diabetes later in life. Guess I'm kind of in disbelief, but also want to know what is going on with my body.....Anyone else find anything out?

I just had my 2nd-section in two years and i am having the same issues, i had these problems after i had my c-section last year, and i had an MRI but the findings were non-specific...meaning not sufficient for ms diagnosis. Then i got pregnant again and 4 weeks ago had another c-section...now the same problems you had are back. I was wondering if you were still having the problems. I am starting to think mine were and are related to the spinal. I was wondering if time would take it away...because when i got pregnant the 2nd time thew symtoms went away.

I have the similar feeling with no life in my hands and legs. For few minutes, I can't even lift my hands up or move. I have done the MRI and the neurologist suggested that there is nothing wrong. But this numbness is still continued. I feel very week sometime and don't even want to talk to anyone. Any solution guys. I am M/32 and suffering for blood pressure (not very high...ranging 140/100).

I had sudden onset of numbness in my hands last december after doing a large batch of laundry by hand. The distribution was along my median nerve on both sides so i thought it was just a minor nerve compression from overuse and would pass. Although the senstation has improved and the burning neural pain is light, I remain with residual symptms between the middle and ring finger especially of my right (dominant) hand. Now I get intermittent numbness in my lower limb around the shin area and in my big toes especially the right side. This morning I woke up feeling "funny" in my face, in the fleshy area under my eyes. I'm about to have my BP checked, but when it was checked in December at the onset of my symptoms it was high at around 140/100 as well I'm F/33 with three children last delivered on 25 October 2008. Do we have any medical pratiotioners posting to this discussion, neuro specialists?

In my case numbness started a year ago, only on my right arm, but it has progressed to my whole body, and for the last three weeks, I have been alarmed, because even when I am sleeping the numbness is there, and makes me feel very much afraid, of not being able to wake up because of it. Doctor was puzzled about this, and only ordered some blood tests, which I will be getting the results next week, I am really overwhelmed by these symptoms, and not able to understand them. I am a cancer survivor and my surgeon mentioned once, if I would get numbness in any other part of my body, besides the side where he operated, I should tell him, unfortunately he died, and nobody else has been able to give me an answer yet.

I've been experiencing numbness as well. It all started about about 5 or 6 days ago. I tried to write it off as nothing, but it continued. Throughout the day, I have trouble feeling various parts of my body. I'll be sitting in a chair and feel like I'm floating. I know I'm sitting because I can see that I'm sitting, but I just don't feel it. I seem to have a hard time determining when something is hot. I've been tired the whole time.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor and after my blood work came back fine he determined it was stress, so he's put me on Paxil. I'm supposed to see him in three weeks to determine if the Paxil worked. It's the scariest feeling not being able to feel your own body. I'm ready for it to go away.