I'm 47yo male, I've been having really bad neck pain and and pain in my right shoulder and upper arm. Feels like a very sore muscle after a hard workout. Within a couple weeks the same pain was in my left arm. My neck is still sore, like a crick in my neck and both arms are hurting very badly. The pain is only in my shoulders & mainly upper arms. No pain in lower arms or hands. I've been going to a chiropractor for about a month, getting adjustments, he says I have a little bit of scoliosis (which was shown on the xrays) and says that may be causing my arm pain and also possibly a pinched nerve in my neck. Chiropractor has helped some with the neck pain but not the shoulder and arm pain. I just think it's really weird that it's the same pain in both arms (upper arm) and it's been lasting for nearly 3 months now. Ibuprofen and Aleve help it some. I've tried sleeping on a new pillow (tempurpedic) but that hasn't helped either. I just don't know what my next course of action should be. Neurologist? MRI? Orthopedic?  Thanks!!

So, what have you done since you posted this?  I just posted something similar so I was wondering what you did.

Nothing yet. I take tramadol 50mg pills prescribed by doctor and they do help. Going to VA hospital nexst month and going to find out whats causing this problem. Need to good night sleeps

Sorry to here you're in so much pain, your symptoms sound a lot like "FROZEN SHOULDER".......Hope this helps.

Frozen shoulder

Pain and persistent stiffness in the shoulder joint are the two main symptoms of a frozen shoulder.
This makes it painful and difficult to carry out the full range of normal shoulder movements. You may find it difficult to perform everyday tasks such as:
bathing
dressing
driving
sleeping comfortably
Symptoms may vary from mild, with little interference to daily activities, to severe, where it may not be possible to move your shoulder at all.
Stages of frozen shoulder

The symptoms of a frozen shoulder usually progress gradually over a number of months or years.
There are three separate stages to the condition (see below), which can sometimes be difficult to distinguish. The symptoms may also vary greatly from person to person.

Stage one
During stage one, often referred to as the 'freezing' phase, your shoulder will start to ache and become very painful when reaching.
The pain is often worse at night and when you lie on the affected side. This stage may last 2-9 months.

Stage two
Stage two is often known as the 'frozen' phase. Your shoulder may become increasingly stiff, but the pain does not usually get worse and may decrease.
Your shoulder muscles may start to waste away slightly because they are not being used. This stage lasts 4-12 months.

Stage three
Stage three is the 'thawing' phase. During this period, you will gradually regain some movement in your shoulder. The pain will begin to fade, although it may recur from time to time as the stiffness eases.
Although you may not regain full movement of your shoulder, you will be able to carry out many more tasks. Stage three can last from five months to many years.

This problem is not a frozen shoulder. I've been suffering with neck and pain in both arms for 17 years. I've had neck surgery, shoulder surgeries, arm surgeries, etc, I had a spinal fusion and a plate in C 5-7 in 2005 and no relief. I have been to every doctor on the face of the earth and no answers. Sorry to say, sometimes there are no answers.

I have the same problem with neck/shoulder/upper arm pain and had an EEG. The doctor told me I had pinched nerves on both sides of my neck as well as degeneration of discs in my neck. The pain is very bad especially when waking in the morning. I got a little relief from physical therapy while it lasted. Now the pain is back again. After an MRI I was told I had mild arthritis in my neck and that there was nothing to be done.

Perhaps you may want to inquire on a procedure called Medial Branch Neurotomy, A pain abatement procedure for spinal problems both lumbar and cervical.