I have one neighbor who was completely normal, when we used to be kids. We were playing together all the time and it was nice childhood. As we were growing, everyone could notice there is something happening to him. He was going at many doctors, who diagnosed him with muscular dystrophy at the end. I see he feels worst each day, so I really want to know what kind of terrible disease that is.

Muscular dystrophy is disease when muscles of the body get weaker and weaker and slowly stop working. Muscles and membranes need many different kinds of proteins to stay healthy, where lies the main problem of muscular dystrophy. Normally, genes tell to the body how to make the proteins that muscles need. In people with muscular dystrophy, these genes have wrong information or leave out important information. That is why the body cannot make these proteins properly. Without these proteins, the muscles break down and weaken over time, and that is why patients have this kind of problems. There are thirty types of muscular dystrophy, where in some types, muscle problems start when the person is very young. With other types, symptoms of MD start later, such as your friend probably experienced. It is confirmed that only boys get Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy, but girls are affected by these types in rare cases. They might get other forms of muscular dystrophy. I could say your friend might suffer of Becker MD, because his symptoms occurred not in early childhood, but much later, when he was teenager or adult.

Muscular Dystrophy is a quite complex disorder.
I am a 19 year old male and my Girlfriend has a form of it there are over 60 different forms. In the case of your friend it sounds to me like he may have FSHMD Which stands for Facioscapulo-humeral Muscular Dystrophy. or the Backer is possible to. how is your friend?