I am 38 years old with alot of medical problems.
I have chronic burning pain in my hips and between my shoulders. My chest muscles are tight and it feels like I am getting a giant bear hug all the time, and I have the feeling of smothering. I have had my heart checked out and its not cardiac related. I constantly feel hot and I sweat all the time. I have trouble swallowing some times and I sometime get choked on my own salvia. I have extreme dry eyes and mouth. I have had numerous EMGs which were negative. My EEGs were abnormal-slow delta waves (FIRDA) and I don't know what that means either. Can anyone help me ?

FYI-my father had Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy.

Hi virgogal70! I am sorry to hear of all the pain you have been having. An EMG is really the only type of testing you can have for MS or muscular dystrophy. I am sure your doctors are aware of the genetic disorders that run in your family? How is your mother's health? Did she experience the same type of symptoms you have? If you are not getting clear cut answers with your current doctor, the best thing to do is get a second opinion. Take all of your records and tests to another specialist and have them look at things from a different perspective. You just might get some answers this way. Please keep us posted on what you find out. Also, if there is anyone else out in the community who has experienced slow delta waves on their EEG tests, please let us know.

There are several other test besides an EMG that can be performed to find MS. One is a brain MRI to see if there are any lesions. Blood work to check your sed rate, proteins, etc. and a spinal tap (ie: lumbar puncture).
I know this because my neurologists "thinks" I have MS and I have underwent the test.
Besides MS and Muscular Dystrophy have you been checked for a thyroid disorder or diabetes? Another thing you may want to check into is Fibromyalgia. With that you also have "tender" sore spots along with the muscle pain and fatigue.
I wish you luck in finding a solution.

Hi:
It sounds like some sort of autoimmune disease to me, but I'm not a doctor. As you probably know, the history of MD is very significant. Have you been tested for this. I know there is probably fear for you, but you've got to know so that you can have a life of physical quality. I'm sure you've heard all of this before. Again, my suspicion is that you'd like for it not to be something like this. However, your peace can only come from testing. Not having a diagnosis is worse, believe it or not. Get a support team together and see a doctor for testing. I wish you the very best of everything.

Hello, I know this thread is old. I just wanted to chime in here so others can read this.

For me, it was Thyroid, Thyroid, Thyroid!  I have experienced extreme muscle burning with muscle fatigue, achiness, and cramps/spasms for a few months that gradudally became worse. it started out only in my calves and hamstrings as i walked. But as it progressed, virtually every muscle in my body were effected in addition to sweating(mostly in the early morning hours before waking).  I did not necessary have mucle weakness but extreme burning/fatigue/ at the slightest high-repition movments: scrambling eggs, washing my hair,, brushing teeth, walking, and even while eating, my tongue would get the same burning/fatigue sensation. it's the same sensation in one's lateral shoulders if he/she held their arms out sraight to the sides(perpendicular to the body) and performed small curcular movments for an extended amount of time. Some call it lactic acid but I'm not sure if that is correct. I alwasy thought lacid acid was due to the muscle soreness the day or two AFTER a workout.

Regardless, my stymptoms steadily got worse untill through trial and error with supplements and foods,  I realized my thyroid replacement, Natural Disssicated Thyroid Tissue (NDT), was too low a dose. (In my specific case, I have had hashimoto's thyroiditis for about 14 years, but about 4 months ago, made the switch from Synthroid  to NDT. After correcting the NDT dose, in a matter of DAYS, the muscle burning/fatigue and cramping started to subside!

In the long run, if your issue is autoimmune thyroiditis/ hypothryoidism or ANY other autoimmune issues like Sjögren’s (dry eyes/mouth), I would FIRST eliminate gluten, dairy and soy from your diet. That is the most basic action you can take to try to stop  the destructivness of autommune.  Even if you attain immunity, hormone replacement may still be nessessary to support a permantely damaged gland.  With my personal experience, hypothryoidism may present a DIFFERENT set of symptoms every time. That's what makes it so confusing. Anonther possibilitiy can be adrenal, but I say it's your thyroid. Adrenal Insufficiency possesses a slightlly different set of symptoms not mentioned in your post.

Look into rare mutations, your inherited genes. Good luck.