Hi there, I am a guy who is 16 years old. I attend medical school and I need an answer on one question. Can you tell me everything you know about duchenne muscular dystrophy? Please help me out. But I need an answer in two days tops. Thank you in advance for understanding. Sorry to waste your valuable time.

Hi there, I will help you out. This condition is an inherited disorder. It starts in legs and pelvis and later it affects whole body. There are some tests which are used to determine if this disease is present. Muscle biopsy, EMG, Gower's sign and creatine kinase are those tests. Unfortunately, there is no known cure for the condition. Physical therapy may be helpful to some point. Joining some support group isn't a bad idea. There are some researches to find a cure. That is about it.

Hi

We have created a social network specially for people with md. You can find as well as share great information about md there.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

thanks