Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I'm really worried for my father. These last couple of months he was complaining all the time on some muscle stiffness and pain, and we couldn’t determined what could be the cause.
Anyway, he was talking with some of his friend and one of them was diagnosed last year with some strange disease called reflex dystrophy. He told me that he has all the symptoms and that this could turn into one serious disease.
This frightened me very much and that’s why I would like to hear more about it. Please help me!

Hello. I'm very sorry but this friend of your father was telling you nothing but the truth. This condition you’ve mentioned, reflex dystrophy, describes one chronic pain syndrome.
Main symptoms is of course- pain, which gets worse rather than better over time.
It’s starting on different localization but main characteristic is that pain spreads to include the entire arm, back or leg.
What are his options? There is no real cure for this condition although, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications can significantly improve the quality of life!