I have noticed my child who is 1 years old has an underbit, she also only has four teeth could this change if she gets more teeth?

it's never too early to start going to the dentist, it can be a scary experience for any child and they need to get used to going as soon as possible. i think you should take your child to the dentist and let the experts decide if the teeth will correct naturally or if they need to do something about it.

Your child is still very young, and he or she (not sure about the gender) hasn’t got all first teeth developed. I’m not really sure if the visit to the dentist will give you any good results yet. In my opinion you should wait for the most of the teeth to come out and then do to a dentist. When all the teeth are out then you will have more clear picture if the underbite is very serious.

Do you have anyone in the family with the underbite? This can be a genetically inherited thing.

If you have any older children try to find pictures when they were your child age and compare their mouth to your child just to see if there if they had similar issue when they were young.

Not a good idea to wait danella667. Kids should start seeing the dentist when they are between 12 and 18 months of age. The first few visits are really just to get the kids comfortable with everything that goes on in a dental office to hopefully eliminate a fear of the dentist when they are older. At my office the first visit is free up to 18 months of age