My almost 6 year old daughter has had underarm odor for the last few days. Isn't she too young??
When she was born she had a breast bud on one side, which the doctor said sometimes happens. My concern is that she may have a hormonal problem of some sort. I am making an appointment with the pediatrician but wanted to know if anyone else has had a child with this.

hope you found the answer ive been told its the hormones placed in cows milk , not found in organic milk so suggest changing to organic cows milk

regards

I have been told that this is a sign of EARLY PUBERTY. I use talcum powder or baking soda under her arms. Check with your doctor. I was told that my child who is six will begin puberty at nine. Let's hope this is NOT the case.

My 5 year old daughter has an odor under her underarms i've been looking around for answers and so far gotten that she may be going threw puberty

I was wondering what the doctor told you about your daughter underarm issue. I have a 5 year old and am going through the same thing. Can you tell me what the doctor told you before I make an appointment with mine.

Thanks

I have the same problem with my 6yo daughter. Bath at night, really bad stinky pitties right out of the gate in the morning. Our pediatrician was not concerned based on her growth, but all the reading I've been doing points to either bovine growth hormones in milk, or premature puberty. We've moved over to hormone-free milk a couple of days ago, and she's been off the school milk-program since last week when the kids were all out. I have to say I've noticed a little improvement, and am willing to let a couple of weeks go by on this program to see if there's more progress before consulting with the pediatrician again.

I must note that my daughter was on soy formula as an infant, and I hope this, either combined with bovine growth hormone or not, has nothing to do an early (earlier than it should be) puberty (even though the MD was not leaning this way).

Try some white vinegar wipe-downs followed up with cornstarch baby powder in the mean time. These poor kids shouldn't have to deal with smelling bad. Good luck and I hope your little girl is OK.

My daughter had this problem for about 8 years beginning when she was 6 months old. I finally figured out that its the soy. We stopped everything soy and now she doesn't have the problem. Start reading labels and you'll notice it is in a lot of products. I hope this helps. In hindsight we should of figured this out sooner. She was on soy formula as an infant and she loves soy sauce.

I am having this same issue with my 3 yr old daughter. It has been going on for about a year and a half now. She will be starting school soon and I do not want her to be teased and I just want to be able to do something to combat this for my daughter. We only drink organic milk at home already, so I don't think I can contribute this to her milk. The doctor said I may be washing off her natural chemicals, but we wash up regularly. I have heard about trying the baking soda, so that is my next step, but at times this odor can be overwhelming. I just want to know what is the cause and how can I stop it or be proactive in dealing with this and what other products could be of help with this issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has a child with this issue.

What I have noticed in reading these blogs, that it is mostly girls with this issue, has anyone else noticed this?

My grandson will be 7 in a few months and I've just started noticing underarm body odor.  It has me quite concerned since he is so young.  I always thought kids were pre-teenish when this began happening.  I like others worry because little kids don't notice these things on themselves; but will make fun of another child with the problem. 

My son just turn 5 this past Sunday and he has that underarm odor really bad. I shower him at night and my morning his arms are horrible. I try to keep the home cool so he will not sweat, but I am still having problems with his underarms. He stinks like a grown man adn he is only 5 years old.

My 8 year old daughter also has very bad underarm odor. Her odor started when she was 2. I took her to the pediatrician and they told me as long as she wasn't gowing hair or devoloping breasts that I shouldn't worry. That some children have this problem and there is nothing you can do but use deorderizing soap. A few years later they told me to use deoderant or try rubbing milk of magnesia under her arms. The milk of magnesia didn't work. The deoderant did for a few years, but around 6 I noticed her getting bumps on her faceand getting blackheads. She also became very emotional and crying at the drop of a dime about nothing. So the doctor sent me to a specialist in early childhood puberty. I went and they told me she was not going through puberty and not to worry unless I saw hair or breast developement or her period. So i asked why is she having all these problems he said that some children just do and it was not uncommon. Anyways to date I'm having a very hard time with her odor it is getting worse and worse and I just discovered the other day that the underarm odor is still in her shirts even after i've washed them. 

My 5 almost 6 year old daughter started having body odor when she turned 5.  I did also notice that she had blackheads on her nose, and she did have a couple of pubic hairs.  My pediatrician did a blood panel on her for precocious puberty(early puberty)  Her testosterone levels were elevated just slightly which causes the hair growth and blackheads.  I did for a second opinion take her to a pediatric endocrinologist.  She informed me that this is not uncommon and because she has nothing estrogen wise (breast growth, menstruation) going on that she was just fine.  She drinks almond milk, and we try to limit meats as much as possible because even hormone free meats still have natural hormones from the animal itself.  It is very hard to stick to though, and she is very sensitive to dairy.  If she has a yogurt she will  have body odor for days!  The specialist assured me that we should just keep  a watch out on her and if any new hair growth appeared or if I noticed any change, that we should do another blood test to check her levels again.  She is just very sensitive tonight we had chicken soup and she smelled like onions right after!!  I am however looking into getting her a natural deodorant!

My 6 year old daughter also has body odor under her arms after playing hard. This has been going on since she was 5. I wanted to know how this type of thing happens at such a young age. I was thinking too that her testosterone levels were high,because first of all the Doctor thought she was going to be a boy because of the beat of her heart rate. Also, her voice was deep when she started talking as a toddler, until she needed her tonsils out. She also seems more masculine then feminine and this also kind of worries me....but I am going to take her to her Doctor about this odor issue, then I will post the results.

my daughter started having body odor at 6 1/2. I called the pediatrician and she was not concerned. By 7 1/2 she had started to develop under arm hair. Called pediatrician, told it was within normal range. By 8 she had further breast growth, pubic hair and underarm hair. Again talked to pediatrician....still not concerned. By 8 1/2 I had done enough research to realize that this is NOT normal! It is precocious puberty and should have been treated 2 years ago. My daughter may, if she is lucky, hit 5 ft tall. She is very withdrawn and selfconscious. If your child is experiencing this....please take them to an Endocrinologist. And the doctor can not rule out an abnormality just by looking at your child. They need blood work, an MRI and a wrist xray to see your childs bone age. I hope this helps.

You are not alone. I am going through this same thing with my now 6 yr old twin girls. One daughter I noticed started having this strong odor,  but her sister seemed to be  fine. Right now they both have the same problem. If you find out any solution please post I am willing to try anything at this point. I hate for them to be teased at school because I know how means kids can be.