My 7 year old daughter has an enlarged clitoris - I am awaiting for the referral to an endocrinologist. Any ideas as to what causes this and/or treatment. She is very uncomfortable all of the time.

(Key:
"GST:" means: Google Search Term)

Please never ever force or coerce your child into cosmetic surgery for her clitoris. Also although still sensitive to touch due focus on keeping it clean because a lager clitoris will not stay clean by normal washing.

More than likely your child is in a fluid range of normal health or some form of intersexed condition.

Although being rare some factors are those caused by modern Humans intervention on earth and food. Environmental factors can be such things as industrial pollution usually water source although can be air & Household pollution i.e pesticides and herbicides (bug & weed killer).

Microwaves ovens (GST: dangers of microwave cooking)
Microwaves from cellphones
Waves from WiFi and bluetooth "GST: wireless radiation "
living near High Voltage Electricity lines

Food causes can be linked to:
* some preservatives

* "GST: bovine growth hormone in milk" abbreviated as "GST: rBGH" try using hormone free milk, should be label hormone free on bottle or jug

*Genetically modified organisms abbreviated as GMO "GST: dangers of GMO's"

Some types of plastics "GST: bad plastics"

Hope that helps
:-D

W-O-W you make her sound like one of those three headed frogs the enviro-kooks like to talk about.

I, on the other hand, think it's quite normal for girls to be blessed with different sized clitorises. Most of the guys I know are not unhappy with a clitoris of any size. I've never heard a guy complain about the size of a girls clitoris but I have heard some guys mention that a girl had a large one and how much fun it was to play with.

Please don't go for surgery to change it unless it is really a physical problem for her. At least wait until she's old enough to decide for herself what she wants to do.

I believe it has to do with the timing of a burst of testosterone while in the womb.

make sure there's no abuse happening, it bothers me that she is in discomfort all the time, my clitoris is pretty large and thats never uncomfortable

I was born with a big clitoris and never felt uncomfortable.In fact in my teen years I enjoyed it very much getting many orgasms.My hubby loves it also.

From a very young age my uncle molested me almost on a daily basis. Oral and digital fondling of my clitoris seem to be what I recall the most. This went on from before I have memories until I ended it at fourteen. Now I have an enlarged clitoris which I'm sure is from al the attention it received in childhood. The point I'm making is your child might be in the hands of a pedophile. Take a good look at those who spend a lot of time with your child. Don't rule out anyone! Someone who knows!

Nothing wrong with her. Hope everyone else is leaving her alone

I have a big clitoris and it was discovered that I have PCOS. And now my 8 year old is getting a referral to an endocrinologist. So that may be an issue you may have to bring up to the doctor. They may not do surgery. They will give you options on what to do

My daughter reach the age of seven clitoral size increases harmones are normal uterus present but ovaries not shown in scan if any problem please reply me doctor

I’m 14 years old and over the last one or two years one side of my clitoris is very big and it gets uncomfortable and I don’t know if it’s meant to be like that or if I have a problem with my body so I need help ASAP

Health Guru
Hi, do you mean your labia rather than your clitoris?

My 9 year old daughter has a large clit, it use to really bug her until she was like 5 , but now she love it since she discovered masterbation . Only thing is it sticks out when she wears her bathing suit for all too see.

Boys like that

Is your clitoris always uncomfortable all the time. Or just when you are aroused

My daughter is 9 and she has a very large clit , I have her wear silk panties as it help with rubing or I have her wear a small max pad. I was told to not have her get surgery. And know that she found masterbation she seems to like it being big .