I have a nine years old daughter, and I believe she has bad luck to have my genes. Seems like she is terrified of the dentist, the same way I were all my life. It did not stop, I still sweat when I need to repair one teeth. Anyway, she needs to pull out one tooth that is not health, so I said her we need to visit a dentist. She seemed so terrified that my heart was breaking, so I wonder if that is normal, that kid is so terrified.

As you said she got it hereditary from you, it is obviously, there are more people with the same problem. If you said you were terrified of the dentist too, you should understand how she feels. There are many children with the same problem, but I do not know why. It happens even with child that never had any teeth problems. So how they could be so terrified if they even do not know what kind of pain that is? I believe that depends of how you explain to her what dentists do. If she saw you are terrified, logically she has to have some fear. I hope that is not too late for her, and you could explain dentist is not there to give her pain. He is there to make her teeth health and give her a beautiful smile. There are so many ways to prevent any pain, just you should find good pediatric dentist, with good sense for children, and she will stop be terrified, maybe together with you.