Hi everyone. I have a question about teeth whitening procedure. Do you use a whitening toothpaste or does your dentist whiten them? What is better in your opinion? Also, is there any way to keep your teeth white on long term? I myself use OTC whitening strips. I also use teeth whitening toothpaste with baking soda. I have really white teeth, but some parts are grey due to root canal no matter what I do. Should I visit my dentist and let him whiten my teeth or should I try better toothpaste? Can you recommend good one?

Hi. I can speak from my own perspective. My teeth are too sensitive to do whitening in office. I tried but it always ended with severe pain. Even whitening strips are too strong for me. The dental technicians at my dentist's office recommended taking Tylenol for the pain and discomfort. Also a toothpaste like Sensodyne can be used to stop the pain. Some folks may need it for short period of time, but if you want to use it for a longer period of time, that's ok too, it has no side effects. Anyways, my dentist recommended using Crest Whitening Strips and he sends trays home. I'm using Sensodyne tootpaste after whitening and it helps a lot.