My 13 month old son has an underbite, like my brother, he had it too. His bottom jaw is in front of upper jaw. Is it needed to be done by surgical way or the braces could fix it?
Please let me know if anyone experienced something similar with own kids?!

My orthopedist suggested my son to use braces for my underbite issue. I feel severe pain. Extensive treatment is recommended, if nothing happens in short period, then the surgery, because the growth of the jaws during adolescence could make more troubles.

During puberty his down jaw grew more then upper jaw, because we used braces not surgery correction. I hope this will help you.

My oldest son has underbites too. He tried braces and now his upper and lower teeth meet, but it’s still not normal condition. My orthopedist thinks it cannot be done more without surgery. To get best results you must begin with treatment when you’re child is 7 yrs old.

Braces can defiantly fix this! I am 20 years old and have had braces for a little over 5 months now and I have an under bite. The braces have helped dramatically already. They can be painful for a few days after getting them and when adjusted but in the end they are very beneficial. With him being so young as well, his jaw will continue to grow and should move on its own but its something you could talk to a dentist about and see what they have to say. I honestly think however braces will fix this. Considering I'm an adult and its helping me!