My neighbor's child is driving me nuts with crying and screaming.
I would have totally understood if that kid were a newborn. Well, this kid can walk around so I presume she is at least a year old or older.
I've never seen her parents - only grandparents.
I am beginning to suspect child abuse/neglect.
Is it normal or am I just being too sensitive?

If its all the time crying and screaming no its not normal.My kids were always happy at that age they had there fits like all kids do,but all the time thats just sad.I feel bad for that kid:(

If the child is crying or even screaming that often I think that, ok, some people definitely can’t take much of it unlike others, but still its maybe better for the sake of the child to check out what exactly is going on, even if it’s not exactly child abuse but if parents are not there and its grandparents are maybe too old, it could be neglect. Maybe the grandparents have problems of their own and simply don’t have enough energy to take care if the child. Are there other neighbors who maybe have noticed this?

If it just started, then, no. Something is going on for her to be crying for hours on end, but you never know, she may have health issues and may be experiencing pain or discomfort due to this... Or like you say, it may be abuse or neglect? At any rate, I have 2 children one that is mildly autistic and neither one of them have ever screamed for even a 5 minute stretch soooo, I would definitely say that something is surely not right!!

Oh I actually can relate to you. These kids next door have always been screaming but sometimes its play, but other times its as though its a cry for help. And I can't just walk over to see what the commotion is about because A) Can't really do much about it and B) I've never met the parents or whatever and it would be quite rude. I too am beginning to suspect child abuse/neglect. Even when I can see through my window into their kitchen and their youngest is always walking around shirtless, the suspicion just adds up, especially when you cannot see what is going on or hear anything but screaming.

You are not being sensitive, I can relate completely to you.

It's not normal at all. And I appreciate you being too sensitive 'cuz I'm that way too. To prove it, I say, "To hell with screamin' kids!"

Oh my bad. I was replying to the starter of this thread.