I a Young Man now was also diagnosed with Alopecia Areata when i was i believe 14 years old. I was sitting in class one day after just getting a hair cut the day before at a new barber...a black child...so you know having a fresh cut is important. So i was sitting in class talking to one of my best friends jamie...when a group of my other friends to the far left of me said that i needed to brush my hair. 

Now from this response i was confused because i always keep my hair...brushed 24/7 and because i have indian and white and a bunch of other stuff in my blood i have very good hair...pretty boy is what people called me...so im sure you can understand the confusion. 

After i asked why...they told me that my hair was i guess up in some way or just not right they asked me if i had a brush  with me i said no..so 1 of them lent me theirs..so i brushed my hair and i said is it straight..and they said no....and your hairs messed up. I didnt qute understand what they meant not in the least bit.....so they eventually just said check it out later...and i continued my to be thought regular day of school..and waited till i arrived at home to see what was wrong.

Then again now that i think about it...and truthfully i never checked it out...it wasn't until one day when i decided that Waves were becoming too much of a fad and people were tryn so hard to get them that i didnt want that hair style anymore...so 1 day i took a long shower and washed my hair clean of all my waves and straight. i dont really remember how or when it happened or what expressino i had on my face...but after i think looking at my head 1 morning out of the blue i saw this bald spot on my head.

I was shocked as to see this horrific sight in the mirror.....i didnt know what to do...i believe the incident was so terrifying and shocking that i really dont remember much of anything as to how it happened that day...or what i did after but i do know that it was...a very depressing stage in my life. I spoke to my parents told my closest friends and loved ones my problem...they didnt know what to do...at first they told me i should just try and wait it out and hopefully my hair will just grow back...and luckily for me it was summer break so i didnt have to worry about it... It was my last year in middle school and i was moving onto high school..

8th grade for me was my best year in school since i had been alive...i had made honor role all 4 9 weeks except the last 1 sort of...got sort of lazy and tired and since it was nearing the end i was just looking forward to having fun with all my friends and enjoying my last year at my middle school it was great...i was very popular you could say...i knew everyone and everyone knew me if you didnt you didnt go to the school and sometimes people who didnt knew me also. Things were going great. 

Upon that summer break i was kind of sadened and depressed..hoping praying to god every night to give me back my hair....but no it was anything but that...what was worse...i believe from the stress and anxiety i acquired from...the disease i lost more hair in the back of my head....i was even more devastated...and truly sad....my first year of highschool was horrible...all the friends i knew...soon distanced them selves from me...because of the disease i had gotten...i dont blame them...who wants to be friends with a guy with huge bald spots on his head...i wouldn't unless we had been friends for like 10 years or something....it was very dramatic my first year it caused me pain undescribable i didnt think such a thing would ever happene to me. 

I still have it to this day...and i agonize over it almost every time i try to place my hair in a manor in which it wont be seen so easily...or at all which is what i hope for the most...i grew my hair out...and i look at it as being a blessing from god...and the disease as being a curse and plauge from the devil or demons of the earth....i thank god for blessing me with girl like hair when grown out...some what that i can cover my bald spots to a degree where they are not really seen.

Though every day i struggle through school...its hardest when the wind is blowing because my hair is moved and the bald spots are then seen if not fixed right away....now i bring a brush and a comb with me to school every day..and whenever im in class im grateful to my teachers who let me wear my hood in class even though they do not know the disease i am suffering from...i also sit in the back now...which for my 9th grade year because i had broken my glasses i could not see the board at all which caused my grades to drop from High A's n B's to low C's and F's....it was very dramatic and devastating for me because i was so very looking forward to trying to maintain 3.0 average to get the hope scholarship...but because of my epidemic and the stress and hard anxiety placed upon me by it...the only thing i was focused on during school was surviving eberrasment and presecution of others.....trying desperately not to be seen by others and distance my self even from the people i enjoyed so much back in middle school. 

It was very hard starting off...what made it so much more horrific is that the girl that i had liked from the start of 8th grade during the course of the year began to like me as well...and my charms...though upon highschool and arriving back at school to see her...things had changed...the week after she found out about my disease...or well the balding anyways....we still talk to this day but not as close or passionately as i would have liked....even now i think she believes my hair has grown back just because i have kept it covered up so well lately...but i know that it hasnt....i wish every day that i could just go back to how things were....but i know it never will...though i pray anyways...this valentines day i did buy her a gift and she loved it of course...but i know in my heart even though i wanted so much of my old life...and to be with her...i could never do so because of my huge bald spots that have also continued to get worse....

When i went to the dermatologist...she gave me lots of shampoos and lotions and things to use but to no avail...i was pretty lazy about it ....and i might be the reason why my hair still hasnt grown back yet...now a days...i cant wash my hair because if i do....it will get very curly because of how long i have grown it....and if it gets curly my hair will look terribly just atrocious....so i dont wash it and try to stay away from water as i can atleast my hair anyways....the only place i feel most comfortable is my own house and with my only friend who knows of my disease..but since  ive known him since 3rd grade he hasnt left me because of my disease....

People out there Alopecia Areata is deadly...it can affect your social life your school life your grades your friends the people you love even....for me my parents are very supportive mostly my dad..i brought up the injections and he immediately said no..becuz of the price which i dont think he actually even analyzed fully...i just think he doesnt want to spend anymore money on me....i am a very sickly boy well with my stomach anyways ive always had stomach sickness motion sickness allergic reactions and such since i was little.....and other elements that  have caused me a trip to the doctor also surgeys and cat scans alot of stuff that of which..caused thousands of dollars that only my dad and his incredible insurance were paying for...which im grateful for but i look in the end...like i didnt chose to be here or have these problems...i feel a parent if he/she has a child should do w.e it takes to make sure that child has w.e he she needs...whether it be countless surgeries or not because they didnt chose to be here and suffer like this...im sure if it was up to us alot of us would have rather not been born...to avoid all this misory and suffering....i know i  would...but thats neither here nor there for this matter...

I no longer go out anymore or even idol the thought of going outdoors...or hand with my old friends no matter how confident i feel about my spots being covered up....i stay in my house now a days fearful of prosecution and descrimination from those who may find out if a wind blows my hair wrong or rain comes down.....ive become so distant from girls that theyve started to think im gay sometimes....i try to stay away from them now because they love my hair...so much and when they get close they have the urge or need to rub it and feel it and rush their fingers through it...which could be very dangerous in my case if they were to rub it around and bam...here comes the whatever...omg you have bald spots and yada yada...i know this already cant you just leave me alone...ive been mocked and teased so much my first year...i was seperated isolated from everyone else....no one wanted to even get close to me....my grades were falling my social life crumbling it was a night mare that i thought...i would never wake up from...i still feel that way but not so much...to some extent...so i understand and feel for those of you who feel they cant leave the house and just want to be bottled up alone....so that no one can mock or make fun of you and torment you...

For those of you out there who suffer from alopecia areata...i wish you luck i give you my blessings and admiration because i know how difficult and hard it is to deal with it...i know your pain and sufferings and i pray to god that he will bless each and everyone of you...with your hair back some day. Because im still keeping this a secret from many i wont give my name but know this..i am a person diagnosed with alopecia areata and your not alone. 

Keep looking for help as i have...find real friends who will stick with you no matter what....push your parents to help you with this as much as they possibly can...try to stay as positive as you can because i know that if you dont...you just might suicide and kill yourself i've certainly given the though about suiciding my self...i repeat just how horrible my first year of having it was....i cryed my heart out i drowned myself in pain and misery it was hard....and still is to this day...but i hope and pray every day that maybe just maybe i can wake up in the morning some morning and see that my hair is coming back....but until that day arrives i wish all of you my best. 

Join the search for a cure...looking into nutrition and possible ways to cure this outrageous epidemic that is..striking so many young teens and individuals with this plague....idk how i manage to over come the depression i face at times...but i do...BE STRONG!!! You must be strong fight on alopecia victoms fight on. There's still hope for you 

I would read the whole post by the way, just in case.

Dude it is curable I am living example of it , and my case was a lot worst than yours I had lost most of my body hair,my thick beard , eyebrows,pubic hair, you name it and I have 80% of it back , it took about ten years of treatment they would give me steroid injections one in my buttock that worked for whole body ,and specific ones in eyebrows, my hair will grow and fall back again and finally it stopped falling, my family and friends can't believe It and treatment is very inexpensive, go see a good dermatologist and take vitamin E daily.

Injections were every three months.

Hi brother, I also had the same problem three month before.Immediately after recognize the problem I started the Ayurveda treatment.I used some oil and started exercising on a regular basis.I didn't try to hide my problem and explain the disease to all friends who is asking about it,after all having a disease is not a crime.I changed my diet include more protein rich food like chicken and more vitamin rich vegetable.All these brings back my hair ..Thank God!!!!!!!

You need to get a grip. You are male! Shave your hair off and be done with it. Also if you were an honor student why is your writing and spelling so terrible? Seriously though, shave your head, get out of your house and live. Who cares about your bald spots. Lots of cancer patients would love to have your health. Get over yourself!