Hello! I would like to learn something new. Given that only begins to study medicine interested me the next area. My current topic is alopecia areata disorder. Actually I wish to find out any success stories about it. Probably someone has something to say about efficient healing of this disorder. In hope that I will receive your story I wish to thanks.

I would like to tell you about MY success story.. Well, first off just know that Alopecia Areata is TEMPORARY! That in itself made me feel better about what was happening. Well it was 2 months before my 25th birthday when I was diagnosed. I had 3 spots one on the top/left side of my head about 2 inches in diameter, another on the lower back of my head (same size) and another in the middle of my head about the size of a dime. When I first got diagnosed (after multiple blood tests) I started taking Materna (prenatal multi-vitamin) along with B50 Complex as well as Vitamin C with Zinc. The shampoo I used was Nioxin 7 which helps topically stop DHT from attacking your hair. Twice a week I would put organic onion juice on my spots for 45 mins before I showered (the sulfur in the onion juice promotes thick/healthy hair growth) During the 3rd month i had a total of 13 spots!!! However, the other spots were all smaller than a dime and hard to find through my thick italian hair, but they were still there!!! During the 4th month I finally got an opportunity to see the dermatologist (3 month waiting period) but all of the other spots had completely grown in, they had come and gone in a month! He said he's NEVER seen it grow back so fast. The larger spot on the top of my head is growing back white though, the dermatologist said it's a form of vitilago which people with auto-immune diseases are vulnerable to. I don't care if it comes back white, purple, green.. hey, it's hair right?! lol
I think that Alopecia Areata just has to "run it's course" but it can be maintained until it's 'done'. I'm confident that the combination of things that I did made it a pain in the ass for my immune system to fully attack my hair, which is why it's growing back so fast. If it ever happens to me again, I'll do the same thing I did and I would recommend this CHEAP remedy to any of my loved ones. Remember, it WILL grow back and you are beautiful regardless :-) Cheer up, you got this under control!
~Nikki

Yeah.. Not really sure about that.
My dad has alopecia areata universalis.
I'm 17, have it since I'm about 9 and its getting worse and worse.
My biggest spot has a diameter of about 4-5 inches...
Don't really see a way out :(

Alopecia is only temporary for some. My daughter (now age 13) has had alopecia areata since age 10. The area started out at a size of 1x2 inches and is now 5 +3/4 x 7 inches. It's at the top of her head to where I can give her a comb over, pony and braid to keep it hidden. I find that it seems to help when she takes daily supplements of gelatin tabs (2), multi vitamin gummies (2), vitamin c gummies (alternate 1 one day 2 the next), biotin (1000 mg tab). I also try to have her eat a small individual pack of candy gummies each day for the extra gelatin. Last but not least...she also wears a satin cap to bed each night. The hair grows to about 2 to 4 inches and then falls again...but it seems that as long as she takes the supplements daily, it doesn't get any worse. Each time I tried adding a new supplement or if she would go more than a week without supplements (the first couple times we went on vacation and she didn't eat the gummies daily) the area would grow larger. I honestly don't know if we are stopping her from losing more hair or if we are only slowing it down. The supplements that I tried adding when the patch increased in size were vitamin d and a gummy digestive enzyme. So, we will keep those away for now. I wish that there was a way to reverse it. It's just not fair for young kids to have to deal with this. Yes, I know it could be something worse, and I am thankful that it's not. Regardless.....with or without hair you are beautiful.....the shame is that there are too many people out there with ugly attitudes.

I'm looking online for successful treatments for this disorder and your post is the most inspiring I've read so far. I don't have thick Italian hair...I have fine blonde hair, which makes any white regrowth not an issue, but all I want it regrowth. I was just diagnosed a month and a half ago and hoping that it runs its course.

I really am not sure if I should even start thinking I'll grow my hair again. I first noticed my hair was thinning last 2009. Never paid attention. Then my peeps started to notice its worsening, but still did not pay attention. Started treatment by taking Finasteride everyday since March 2012, but going on and off. Officially started religiously taking the medicine last Septmeber 1, but I noticed it keeps getting thinner. I am really so down right now. I feel so sad, so small, so down.

Hello, my daughter has had AA since she was 11 years old. Like your daughter, it started out as a small spot on top of her head, the progressed, strangely two circular patches of short hair appeared on each side and the same location on her head, and later progressed to loosing more of her hair on top. One of the things we tried besides the steroid protocol that didn't seem to work and I stopped, was to put her on a gluten free diet, but not just a gluten free diet but on a very low grain where I minimized her grains to twice a week than once a week until we were off completely. 8 - 9 months later her large patch on top of her head started closing in forming a smaller patch of short hair like your daughter. A year later the patch of short hairs became long hairs. I don't know if this diet really improved her condition because apparently AA can spontaneously go into remission, and this type of diet is difficult for many, removing grains from the diet is almost akin to some type of width drawl, so there are not many people who are on the grain free diet, but the few adults with AA I did find told me it does take some time to improve. I'm curious about the vitamin D and enzymes that you used. Was that vitamin D2 or D3? What kind of enzymes did you use? Do you still have the name of the manufacturer?

hi, i just wanted to share the sucess story of my mother who encountered the ALOPECIA AREATA UNIVERSALIS last 2009. My family and I almost thought that there's no way to cure the said disease however, having the strong faith in God and by using the DXN PRODUCTS she has been recovered from the said disease. If you have time to visit her facebook account you can ask her if it is really true story. kindly search ROSANNA SABIO on facebook. Thanks.

Hi, good evening. my mother also suffered the alopecia areata universalis where she really recovered because of DXN PRODUCTS, you can contact me through facebook so that we can give you more information about the products that she intake.

Im 47 male, totally bald all over with alopecia universalis . It started when I was about 20 with insignificant patches on my beard. Over the years it spread to the scalp. It would heal with treatment or even spontaneously, but every time it came back it got worse. Eventually all the scalp was bald, then the eyebrows, then the eyelashes, and you know the rest. I've had no hair for 20 years now. I gave up treatment years ago as nothing worked and the drugs got more and more dangerous. Nothing else is wrong with me, just the hair. Its devastating for the first few years, but hey, I'm still alive and healthy. You may be lucky, most people recover and never get it again.

Hey I am an 18 year old girl and I have 2 massive patches where my hair has been lost....it really makes me sad and depressed and I was wondering if the onion treatment worked out best for you?

Hi, I'm a 33 year old female experiencing AA for the first time. I noticed my first bald patch about two months ago about the size of a twoonie (for all those Canadians) on the left side of my head and later found another one about the same size on the back of my head. I went to the doctor but said that it's nothing to worry about and shoo'd my out of his office. Two weeks later found another one the size of a dime on the top of my head and last week found another dime size on top back of my head. I initally tried essential oils (Cedarwood, Rosemary, Thyme) but when I found the 3rd spot I got el desperado and went to see a Dermatologist for injections. The injetions were quite painful and a left my scalp tender. I was reluctant to go the injection route but vanity has gotten the best of me. The dermatologist assures me that I will not go completely bald but it kind of cold comfort when I still have clumps of hair falling out. I get anxiety when I have to wash my hair and feel like everyone is looking at my thinning hair. I am currently trying the onion juice recipe in conjunction with the essential oils; this is day three....hoping to the hair Gods that this works. Good luck to all of the AA suffers out there!

Hi I'm a 35 yr old female and got AA December last year, I had the steroid injections and it really helped. Just found a new spot :( hoping it won't get any bigger. I really need to colour my hair but I'm too scared!?

What are these DXN PRODUCTS..can u kindly share this..i hv alopecia n m despirately in search of proper medication which can work out for me..

Any update on progress