My boyfriend is 27 years old and lately he worries me a lot. During last few weeks every morning he woke up, he vomits. Sometimes before vomiting, he coughs as smokers do. By the way, he is a smoker for a few years already. I do not know if that might be something serious, so I would like to hear if anyone could tell me what it could be.

There were few cases where sinus drainage down the back of the throat caused these symptoms. It is possible that coughing provoke sensitive gag reflex that could be cause of throwing up. This is cause only sometimes, but I would recommend to your boyfriend to be seen by a doctor, very soon. When he is vomiting acid from stomach will disturb his esophagus lining. Beside this, teeth enamel is very easy to destroy with this strong acid. I have to mention some other possible causes that might be cause of vomiting in the morning. If your boyfriend started using any new medication, it could be trigger. There is wide-open list of questions, which his doctor will ask him. Only with complete anamnesis and physical exam, it is possible to say what it is all about for sure.

My boyfriend smokes at least 10 and up to 20 cigerettes per day and drinks lager every day. He drinks between 2 and 10 cans each night. He had been sick either morning or night every day for as long as i can remember. He did go to the doctors and was refered to the hospital to have a camera down his throat but when he got there the doctor didnt do it as he said it sounded like a reflux problem. That was well over a year ago and i am terrified if i leave it any longer something serious will happen. I am worried he may have liver damage. He has admitted he drinks too much and sometimes he will promise not to drink but he always gives in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

He is also 27 years old

My boyfriend is 51 years old he pukes every monring to and he smokes and drinks alot to..I am trying to find out why

Worshiping the great porcelain god every morning is a pretty standard sign of drinking too much the night before.