I am 115 lbs., 5'10", and 18 years old . Every single morning of my life I wake up with a terrible nausea. This usually happens anywhere from 6-9 A.M., although when it started I used to be able to sleep through it.

It started January 2007. I woke up one morning, went to school, and after I went to my first class I had to run to the bathroom and vomit profusely. After that I went home and shrugged it off.

But it never went away. My school nurse started getting aggravated with me so I stopped going to her and just threw up in the school bathroom every now and again, whenever the nausea was that bad. I didn't ALWAYS throw up, but I did ALWAYS have nausea in the morning.

After a couple weeks of this I saw my doctor. I got a blood test which came up negative. I was sent to a specialist who told me to stop drinking acidic drinks and gave me an endoscopy which also came up negative. However, he said I had been throwing up so frequently/violently that I had somehow forced bile back up into my stomach which was most likely the problem and would most likely go away. It didn't, and I never saw him again. He had me on Prilosec every morning, but it didn't help. I gave up for a bit and decided to just deal with the problem on my own.

A few months later after finding a bulls-eye on me I was tested positive for lyme disease. The reason I mention this is because the specialist I saw prescribed me with doxycycline, saying it was a "stronger antibiotic" and would "help me with my acne." But couldn't it have killed off all the beneficial bacteria in my stomach?

Months later I decided my morning nausea wasn't going to go away on its own so I went back to my doctor who sent me to another specialist. This time I had a CT scan of my brain, upper GI and small bowl series which all came back negative. I never had a follow up with this specialist because he stopped taking my insurance and now refuses to see me.

Months later, (only about a month back from today), my dad convinced me to go to a health foods store and see what they had to say. They recommended I take a capsule of plant enzymes before each meal or whenever I feel sick. They didn't work.

I am not someone who has trouble dealing with stress or anxiety. Of course I get them, but now when I get them, my stomach gets worse feeling than it used to. Aside from the morning, I basically have the same stomach as everyone else except if something happens that would bother a normal person's stomach slightly it bothers mine terribly. I used to never have a problem with fried food, fast food, spaghetti sauce, orange juice, or soda except now they are completely eliminated from my diet. I can't eat breakfast (I can usually start eating around 11ish), and I refuse to eat or drink anything after 8:00 P.M.

I hate to sound drastic but this problem is ruining my life. I hate the smells of food, and eating, and my friends mock me for this. Having always been a skinny kid, I wanted to gain weight but now I have to follow that plan to gain weight in order to simply maintain the pathetic 115 pounds I am now. Every morning for what lasts from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours, I have to go through a strict meditation process I invented to deal with the pain and reduce my chances of vomiting while everyone else is snoozing.

I'd like to describe an average morning for me with associated pains in case you guys want to know my symptoms a little better:

I wake up anywhere from 6-9. The nausea comes about 10-15 seconds after I wake up. The discomfort is usually all over my abdominal area under my belly button. It's usually associated with intestinal cramps, uncomfortable gurgling, or occasionally, heartburn. I always have to urinate very very badly, and once I do I feel slightly better. I'll go into the bathroom, and depending on how bad it is I'll either vomit or at least try to have some sort of bowel movement. If I vomit, I'll feel a little better right afterward but then the nausea will come back and last a lot longer, usually with a lot of gurgling going on. If I vomit in the morning I pretty much can't eat for the rest of the day. If I don't vomit, I'll sit on the toilet and fight cramps. I'll feel really constipated, and only be able to get a little out. My stool is usually yellow/grayish and claylike- never solid but definitely not diarrhea. After this I'll feel slightly better, and I'll go find a place to fight it off (never laying down, that makes it worse). Eventually it goes away. Then I'll either go back to sleep or just stay awake.

Sometimes I end up on my computer after it all happens. Recently, I started looking around on the internet to see if there might be a medical site with a solution. What I actually found was a good amount of message boards with people posting either the exact same or a very similar problem. However, all these posts have something in common- no answer!

I realize this post is very long but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!-

You just described exactly how I feel every morning! I always go on the computer and google morning nausea, but never find the answer. I'm so tired of always feeling sick.

You just described EXACTLY how I feel EVERY morning to a T, MINUS the constapation.

Mine is the opposite, diarrhea like 4-6x a day.

However, yes I wake up Every Morning with SEVERE NAUSEA and I can never eat until after 12pm and I vomit almost every morning, and sometimes multiple times in the morning.

Doctors ran stool and blood tests, came back with nothing....

Cannabis, aka Marijuana, works wonders for the nausea/vomiting/stomach pains.

What state do you live in? You may be in a Medical Marijuana State.

This is exactly what my fiancé experiences. It sounds JUST LIKE HIM. It started about a year ago. He throws up almost every morning, but only if he wakes up earlier than 9am. He had every test possible and they cant find anything wrong with him. sometimes he also throws up at night, but not as much as in the mornings. He can eat normally between 12 and 6pm, but he can't eat anything before or after that. They have tried several medications, but they don't help. He keeps taking the prilosec but it doesnt help. I'm so frustrated and worried about him. What can I do? he didn't throw up as much during the summer which is why im thinking it is anxiety or stress related but i'm not sure. If the doctors cant find out I dont know how I can.

My hubby is having the same symptoms. He is going for MorE bloodwork this Fr. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. It sucks hearing him vomit everymorning!

Hope you have been feeling better!

quote="niloxs"]I am 115 lbs., 5'10", and 18 years old . Every single morning of my life I wake up with a terrible nausea. This usually happens anywhere from 6-9 A.M., although when it started I used to be able to sleep through it.

Thanks!-

Ditto. That's exactly how I feel. I'm not pregnant and my digestive system is all out of whack it seems. I think its anxiety--severe anxiety. I haven't been forthcoming with people in my life about what I'm going through or how I'm feeling. I've been kind of shady actually. The anxiety I suspect is what is causing all of this.

Hi I know this is a little late of a post seeing that you wrote this about a half a year ago, but I was just wondering if you have found any answers yet. And I might actually have an answer for you. I'm going through the same problems, but minus the diarrhea, but my friend said she was going through the same thing but she had massive massive diarrhea and they found out that she was allergic to gluten which is in a ton of foods. So have you checked that out? Maybe you are allergic to gluten. Or whoever posted that they have severe diarrhea you might be allergic to gluten, which is something in like all foods. But they seel gluten free food products now. And lastly I'm dealing with a lot of stress and a lot of anxiety so to the one persons comment on anxiety, do you know if that is the real answer? Well I hope I was helpful and someone might be able to give me updates or answer any of my questions. Thanks!

Helo I am from Croatia, and I was wondering have someone found solution for this problem...I have the same problem.

Please Help !!!

i am another with the same problem i've lost all hope in modern medicine

Hey Niloxs and everybody,
I'm 38 and had similar symptoms.
I'm not a doctor but I listened too many of them and came to this result=>

Every body is different I mean that every organism is different, so do not get depressed if it does not work for you at first take. You have to be patient and try to understand what your body needs.

My problem started with a hart burn issues then weeks later I developed the morning nausea (10 seconds after I opened my eyes, exactly like you). But I did not wait to get it worse.

I took a sick leave from my stressful job as my doctor recommended.
The task was to calm down the stomach from over production of acid. Too much acid leads to damage of the stomach tissue and irritates the rest of your intestines. When your body wakes up in the morning your heart pumps all blood in your stomach and intestines to get enough fluid for coming soon breakfast. But since all are injured by over production of acid they can’t stand it and can’t fallow the normal process. And you end up throwing up.

Healing will take time. It is a long, long, long, long process. It can take from 3 weeks to several months because your organism needs to heal the tissue of your intestines. AND IT IS NOT A RAPID PROCESS. It is as slow as growth of your hair.
Even if the nausea is gone you will need to control what you eat.

So,
my doctor prescribed me Omeoprasol. This is a blocker that blocks the receptors responsible to give a signal to your stomach to produce the acid. I took it every morning, a 20mg pill. Taking more will not make your stomach heal faster! You have to alternate it with a proper diet.

EATING:
Eat small portions! 3 to 4 times a day and chew, chew, chew, make the food as easy as possible for you stomach that it does not need to produce too much acid. Don’t eat hat or cold, just body temperature. Eating hat or cold will irritate your stomach which is already burned by its own acid. Between meals drink room temperature water, sip your drinks to cool the irritated tissue or you can also have chamomile or peppermint tea but room temperature. And the most important you don’t eat after 6PM! This way you give your stomach 12 hours to heal until the next morning meal. You can sip chamomile though.

Forget eating:
Mc Donald’s, Coke, Pops, coffee, black tea, alcohol, anything that contains sugar, ice cream, at restaurants, pizza, onion, garlic, dried fruits, cereal, granola, plums, grapes, lemon, oranges, spicy food, butter, anything smoked or fried, basically you don’t want to eat anything that you would crave.

Eat:
As organic as possible
White not fresh bread and not acid based (you can smell before you buy it if it smells sour don’t buy it, ciabatta is good), plain yogurt, bananas but not quite ripe, papayas but not quite ripe, (ripe fruits have sugar) pumpkin, green beans, blue berries, cottage cheese, soft boiled eggs, chamomile tea, peppermint tea, boiled potatoes, grape seed oil, celery stalks, boiled eggplant, boiled zucchini, boiled red beats, cold cuts but not smoked!

You need to be physically active. Jogging and basketball are good but not gym.

My first day looked like this:

In the morning after the nausea was gone I went for 30min jogging.
(morning run wakes your body up and changes environment in your stomach)
And if you run don’t push, just get a bit sweated.
Then I took a shower and after the shower I took a 20mg pill of omeoprasol. I waited 30 min for my breakfast.

First day I started with one roll of white bread with boiled veggies and cottage cheese. You can dip bread in 2 spoons of the grape seed oil.
Veggies =>You have to make it the day before because it takes time. First boil 1 cup of chick peas /garbanzo beans/ for 2 hours or until tender, then add 2 chopped carrots and 2 chopped eggplants, 30 min later add 3 chopped tomatoes and 3 chopped zucchinis, add 1 small spoon of salt. Boil it all until eggplant gets mushy. Yummy!

Lunch
Again veggies but I added 2 soft boiled eggs, mashed potatoes and boiled green beans.

Dinner
Dinner should be lighter for your belly than lunch.
I ate just veggies with yogurt.

Now I am quite happy with the progress. I jog everyday with my dog (or at least every second day when I don’t have enough time). But I still have a small hurt burn though.
Hope it’ll go away soon.

Let me know if anything,

Andy

I have the same problem. If anyone figures out what the cause or solution is please post it on here.

I also suffer from the same problem and find it helps to bathe straight away in the morning after I wake up. Not sure if that is helpful to anyone else. I have had this for about 1 and 1/4 years now. Someone wrote a detailed diet for repairing a damaged stomach in this blog. I know that was a while back now but does anyone know whether this diet will be of any use without the prescribed drugs? I am terrified of doctors and while my girlfriend made me go they asked for a blood test and I canceled, although it looks as though it would have been inconclusive anyway. The longest I have seen reported of this is 9 years and almost that in useless medical care. There is NO WAY I could endure that many tests. Or maybe it would cure my fear of doctors... anyway thanks. BoB

Same problems as above but lets skip to some possibilities:

Strep A Bacteria
H. Pylori - one blood test and 2 week wait for tests to come back
Cyclic Vomit Syndrom - migrains are associated with this one
C. Dificile
GERD - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

I'm not diagnosing myself but I'm so frustrated I want answers and in my search I found these as possibilities.

I had strep last year and ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration. The nausea every morning did not go away but as well as nausea I had diahrea 8X's a day. My mornings were helish. Bouts of nausea, BM's, cold hands and feet, tired, weak. I basically had a nap in the morning and in the afternoon like a baby. I drank Green Tea (bad idea because of the caffeine), Gatorade (bad idea because of heart burn) and then Gastrolite (great stuff, tastes awful but my tongue was so coated I couldn't taste it anyways)

Note: sign of dehydration when you can see the imprint of your teeth in your tongue. I was dehydrated so bad you could see all my teeth imprints in my tongue. All around the bottom teeth. Also pinching the skin on the back of my hand. The skin stayed up your dehydrated. No elasticity. Very weird.

All kinds of tests were run including a colonoscopy.
I'm only 38. The Dr' said I had the nicest intestines he's seen in awhile.
I was negative for stool culture bacteria including C. Dificile.
I was put on Cipro and Flagyl but it still took forever for my stomach to get better. And even when I thought I was getting better I'd have these adrenaline rushes when I was sleeping. I could feel surges in the back of my head just before I'd wake up. They would run from the back of my head down to my stomach. My doctor thought I was having anxiety attacks in my sleep. So she gave me meds for that too. Which I only took a couple of because they make me sleepy and I feel like a spazz for not being able to control my anxiety level.

My diet was the BRAT diet for awhile but it is not healthy so I slowly started eating chicken and more vegetables until finally I was back to normal. No more Nausea, Vomiting or BM's. It took 3 hellish months from start to finish.

This year I again had Strep A and since I knew what it was I was put on Zithromiacin right away. Then Telithromiacin because after 2 weeks I still had Strep.
Severe Nausea every single morning - slowly driving me crazy. Then the vomiting and feeling better. The dr. put me on Pantoprazole 40 mg. It seemed to be working but I'm an id**t and went off it for 4 days. Thinking that the Strep was gone so I didn't need anti-acid producing meds. Now I'm nauseaous and vomiting again in the morning. I started taking the Pantoprazole but it will take awhile to get into my system.

Until the meds kick in here is how I survive the nausea and vomiting:
I cut a 12 hour gravol in half and take it at 9 pm. It knocks me out so I can sleep. At 5:30am I'm up and I feel fine for about 10 seconds. Then not so fine. Off to the bathroom for the regular morning ritual and a BM. Then I take sips of body temperature water.

Some times this works. Other times within an hour I'm dry heaving or vomiting up the water. Taking half a 12 hour gravol at night is my proactive way to make the nausea not so bad. If I can tolerate the sips of water and don't vomit I wait until I'm hungry and start with a banana. By then I'm feeling fine and can eat normally.

I have cut out STEAK, coffee, pop, and spaghetti sauce but I can eat everything else. STEAK is the worst food. I always relapse with it every time I try.

I suspect that the Strep A is the trigger to the stomach issues because once it clears up I still have problems with the nausea and vomiting. I suspect the acid is over producing in my stomach during the night causing food to be digested quickly and then the acid builds up making me sick in the morning.

I hope my experience helps. Please let me know if anyone finds a solution.

I also found that having a shower when I'm feeling nausous works too.

i am glad I found all you guys .I have had bad nausea every day for 18 months .i have been tested evryway possible , i was put thru 2 surgeries my gallbladder was taken out and they messed around in my bile ducts because I was throwing up that nasty olive colored bile which you shouldn't be doing right off the bat in the morning .so far nothing . i also have a bad sinus infection for months they tried to give me antibiotic it made me even more sick to my stomach so the doctor stoped it he does not know what to do at this poing . i cannot take the new anti acid drug so I try to take pepcid and i use malox , pepto ,ematrol in hopes it will help with the nausea . i have all these anti nausea meds to use because it get so bad . then I get so sleepy I can't stay awake
i can drink or eat anything in the morning . i usually have to sip on water to start work up to ginger ale and gatorade . then I go on to ensure this drink helped me stop the weight free fall I was going thru when this started I lost 25 lbs in the first 2 weeks of this I could not eat a morsel of food .
another thing that is good is the baby foods they are easy to digest and you can get some nutrtion into you .some time i us ethe pedilite also to replentish the electrolite it goes down easy the fruit punch flavor is the best. when you are have a rough time getting liquids down I found these
pedia strips you put them in your mouth and they desolve you get you sodium and potassium electrolytes i usaully start with one then i sip a little water off and on every 15 minutes until I feel i can handle more.

it is so bad I had to stay home from work because I get sick too much
my company has stuck by me way after they had to and shortly I am going to be let go. I will have the cobra coverage for the medical at least for 9 month and I will not be able to apply for unemplyment because I am ill . so I have to really push the doctors too get answers
right now my gasto doctor is talking about sending me to the mayo clinic .I don't know if any of your doctor have sugessted that you .
your doctor contatc the mayo clinc tells them of your prolem he may have to send over some of he shart notes and the test results . the have a group of people look it over and figure out every possible cause for your prolem they advise you of all the clinic specalties they will send you to . usually they can come up with an answer by the end of the week but it is not definate .