I am very happy to report more good news... Relatively speaking, I have had my best day since the surgery. Only about an hour total on the toilet this morning, pain level down to about a 2, anxiety level down to about a 1 ;-) Today is actually the first day I have felt like attempting a return to daily activities is even remotely possible. I am so sick of being tethered to a bed, a toilet, and a bathtub. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to actually sit, in a recliner, for as long as I can stand it. If I can take that, perhaps I can even, gasp, return to work!!

Which brings a question to mind. I have mostly been combing through posts here about surviving the surgery. I have completely neglected to research something I know I will need, and like, quick. My surgeon mentioned I will need a doughnut to sit on for a while at work. I have tried doughnuts before way back in my stage 1/2 hemorrhoid days, and to tell you the truth, felt it made things worse. Any suggestions out there on cushions etc.. to help survive the return to work, office job, sitting at a computer all day long?

Hi badpenguin,
I didn't realized that you have posted new topic every day. :-) I started to wonder where you are. It is always nice to hear the good news. I am glad that you are almost done with this issue and that everything is going well.
Well many use the doughnut pillow. I'm not sure what else would be good for you. Maybe a big, soft pillow, at least 20 inch high. :-)

Hi badpenguin Haven't heard from you for a while. How has everything been going since your last post?