Hi...I know it sounds bad, but I've had external hemorrhoids for years. As in, probably around 10 years. I don't even remember how old I was, but I was really young- like probably 10 years old. Reason I never got it treated was because I was embarrassed and didn't want my mom to know because she warned me not to sit on the toilet too long... :$

Anyway, I figure better late than never and now is a better than time than ever, because I'm young and also because I haven't let my boyfriend know yet even though we've had light anal sex from time to time. I'd rather he not find out. They're pretty big, but I always push them back in after a BM and only a little tag of skin sticks out. I was wondering what my options are for removal. Is there a way to be back on my feet the next day, or at least with very minimal downtime? I'm a pretty busy person and can't really afford to be stuck in bed, in pain, for a week.

Thanks!

Actually maybe it's internal?

If there was a way to get rid of hemorrhoids and be back on your feet the next day, I think we'd hear about it on this forum. Unfortunately, I think you are doomed to some type of 'procedure'. The good news is that you are young (how young), so you should bounce back pretty quickly.

My advice ... take stool softeners (without laxative) and fiber laxatives a few days ahead of 'any procedure' and drink lots of water.

I have 1 EXTERNAL hemorrhoid and I am desperate to have it removed asap. What are my options? Can anyone help?