My husband has a copd; he has cianosis on hands and nouse and he drinks a lots of beer cans and smoks a pack and a half of cigarrets per day, he said he is fine, than he can handle this and more, Im so worried some body can tell me what I can expect and when?

Hi Guest,

We can't answer "when."  Too many factors come into play to make that estimate.  His doctor can give you the best answer.

This is NOT going to be what you want to hear:

As to what to expect.  His COPD will continue to get worse.  He'll eventually be put on oxygen, if he's not already.  As his lungs become more scarred he'll become less active and will begin to struggle to breathe.

He'll have a slow and likely painful death in a hospital bed.

He has a cpap machine, he did not use it at night because he is drunk and, just he tellme you are not a doctor, he does cough terrible when he smokes but he is in denial, just I want to be prepared fot the outcome,