Hello! My husband was diagnosed obstructive sleep apnea last summer. His problems started few years earlier with snoring and sleep disorders. Since his problems became serious he visited his doctor and he was recommended a CPAP mask. My husband couldn't get used to and it didn't help him. His doctor said that the nasal airway surgery was the following option. My sister says it hurts very much and she is very skeptic on the results.

Hello! I don't think there is a surgery which doesn't hurt. The surgery is done in anesthesia but if you husband decides to go to the surgery he has to prepare himself to some pain. He will be prescribed antibiotics and pain relievers, most probably Acetaminofen after the surgery. As I understand your husband has nasal obstruction. Many doctors think that nasal obstruction represents an impediment to use the CPAP machine. This was most probably the reason why your husband couldn't tolerate the CPAP mask. Your husband should talk to his doctor who will give him all needed information regarding the surgery and all important instructions regarding the follow-up care.