Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant ever since we were dating. like 3 years. I was on depo for about a year I got off and I have been off of it for a year. We are trying to get pregnant now I am taking Ovluex but he smokes pot and I am trying to tell him that it makes it harder to get pregnant, he smokes pot and ciggerettes. I want us to have a family but then I am like i feel dumb cuz he is a pot head and all that and My dad was that way and we had so many problems in our life. he won't believe me but i am not sure what to do about this? it bugs me so bad...I get so upset about it. :cry: please help me. he doesn't believe the stuff i tell him from the internet.

Just came across your post. My advice is 3-fold -

1) Both of you go to your gynaecologist for a pre-pregnancy consultation. All the docs that I know of will positively ask him to stop smoking/pot.

2) Waiting for 3 yrs is way too long. Get a sperm analysis done for him (costs about $130 and is totally worth it). Your doc can recommend you a clinic/lab. The analysis will tell you his sperm count and motility %, both of which are extremely important for conception. The count must be over 20 million, and motility above 50%. You should also check for ovulation (pharmacies have fertility kits). The doc will also suggest to check your hormone levels through blood tests, check for blocked fallopian tubes.

3) Once you start seeing a doc, the seriousness of your efforts and maternal desires will hopefully set in with your partner as well. If still he does not change, I would HIGHLY suggest you REALLY think what you expect out of life and what is the depth of your relationship.

Love is a funny thing, it almost binds you down, but once you take a break, and look at things objectively (probably even date again), there is a very good chance you will be able to move on to happier and a more deserving life. Every woman has the right to realize the dream to become a mom, and it is a lot more enriching with a supportive partner!

Good luck!

Pot can lower a man's sperm count, but I think it depends on the man. I got pregnant in April and my boyfriend was smoking pot daily. I got pregnant in the first month that we were trying. The reason you have not gotten pregnant yet may not have anything to do with pot. And no you are not stupid for wanting a baby with a man that smokes pot. As long as he will be a good father and will not smoke pot around the baby I think everything will work out. Smoking pot does not mean a man will be a bad father.