Hello, I would like to ask you something concerning my health. I am 55 years old and started to feel some breathing problems lately. Before I say this to my family, I would like to see if someone knows something on this subject, how serious this could be, things like that. I smoke five to ten cigarettes a day. I have some extra weight, nothing much and that's it. Some chest tightness and coughing couple of times a day, those are the things that bother me. Do I have COPD??

Let's not jump to conclusions that easily. COPD is a serious illness that could really change your life upside down. The symptoms you mentioned are characteristic for many illnesses, both light and serious. If you want to keep this hidden from your family, that is your choice, but you need to see a doctor. He'll determine the true cause of your problems. And please, stop smoking! Your 10 cigarettes are not that much, you can live without them!