For about a week now my lip down to the top of my chin has had this tingling sensation. If I don't keep Carmex on my lips they continue to tingle and the lining of my lips even hurt at times. The lip line has become really red. At some parts of the day it looks like I have two day old lipstick on, but I've not worn lipstick in a while. My lips are very sensitive, but down in the chin area seems almost numb. Can someone help me???

You know what's really weird - I had this weird tingling/numb lip/chin thing for a while. I had this freaky viral infection last month and it swelled up my left neck lymph nodes pretty big (bigger than 2cm) that I had to have CAT scans taken, etc. etc. ANYWAYS the point is, one day my lower left lip started tingling (like pins and needles) and it went away but came back daily for 30min-1hour. Then my upper left chin (right below left lower lip) started going numb - Not completely numb but sensitivity was really decreased. Skin also felt thicker in that area which I think has to do something with being half numb...

Anyways after freaking out for about 4 weeks (after searching 'numb chin' on the internet, got ultra-paranoid about lymphoma since I had the huge lymph nodes as well and some night sweats!) the numbness is going away. I used to touch it ALL THE TIME since it felt weird but I have not in a while and it feels almost normal now. No tingling anymore. This is coming after my lymph nodes all went back to regular sizes as well, which took longer than 3 weeks! It was a REAL scare.

My husband just informed me today that his lips have been tingling for about a month. I have been freaking out thinking he may be having a stroke or something. He says that nothing else bothers other than his lips tingle and hurt a little. I am hoping it is just a viral thing. I felt better reading your messages. Thank you...Bean

I have also just noticed that my bottom lip, from the left corner of my mouth to the middle of the lip is tingling and some times numb. I have had a stiff neck for about 3 weeks.

I have had this problem all my life. It is a form of herpies, mine develops into shingles around my mouth and eyes. Years ago they could not figure it out, until it finally developed into sores, but mostly was just numb and tingly. It will make your glands swell, and make you tired or feeling sick and run down. Ask your doctor about it, he will probably give you Acylclovor. I take some tylenol, Acylclovor and use abreva, it clears it up, but stress or a cold will bring it on.

my left side of my bottom lip and all the way down the left side of my chin is numb I have no feeling in the left side of my chin and the left side of my bottom lip is always tingling. this started about a month ago I went to the dr and they did about 3 ct scans and said they showed everything was normal they did blood work and said that my lymp nodes was just a little bigger one the left side and then the dr said that he thinks I have trigimanl nerigal also known as tic as dental problems I went to the dentist and he is pulling teeth and he keeps saying the thinks he got the abseed teeth and that the infection was sobad that it had got into the nerves in my jaw and that is way that my lip and chin is numb I had a really big knot o left side of my jaw and they gave my high dose of predasone to clear it up te knot is gone but the numbmess is still there and after doing some research of a numb chin on the internet and found out that this could be a sign of a far more serious condition like ms or even cancer I am just wondering sould I have my drto look at other conditions and how long should I wait to see if the feeling comes back before I go back to the dr to lok at other contitions.

My upper left lip and almost an inch above it feels like i just had local anasthesia, its been on for almost a week, it doesnt hurt but its really annoying, what causes this? what shud i do?

Please have your physician check you for "Belle's Palsy" (sounds worse than it is). There are many regimens for treatment, and the condition is almost always temporary.

Chill, it's probably just a cold sore.

I've had kind of the same problem. Thursday evening my left bottom lip and underneath it was tingling and burning while swelling a little bit, I thought it was just allergic reaction to what I ate, I woke up the next morning with it swollen to the size of a grape even underneath my lip. Went to urgent care because how big it was, and it was yellowish and underneath my lip was yellowish clearish fluid coming out. The doctor told me i had a bacterial infection prescribed me antibiotics and also told me to put a hot washcloth on it as hot as I could stand it and one of two things will happen 1: it will bring it to a head and resist to pop it and go to the ER for them to drain it because it is a controlled enviornment. 2: the hot washcloth and antibiotics will make it drain its self. Saturday night it came to a head so I went to the emergency room. The doctor informed me that i have facial cellulitis which is an bacterial infection. It can be a very serious infection if you don't get it checked out as soon as you can. It's very painful and takes 7-10 days to heal. Keep an eye on the size and redness also keep an eye on your temp. if you get a fever go straight to the ER

For a while now I have been having tingling sensation on my lip on the left side.  I am also experiencing discomfort in my chest area.  I am worried that it might have something to do with my heart or may signs of a stoke to come.  Is this something I should worrry about.

It could be a mini stroke. See a doctor immediately.

had the same thing along with some other symptoms- i tested positive for lyme disease.

I when to Doctor yesterday said it is because a lack of B12, he gave me a shot of B12. Told me to take B12 the one you put under your tongue each day..no more numb feeling.

I agree could be belle's palsy I had this as a teenager. I always thought extreme stress and being an emotional train wreck was the cause of it.