HI. My name is Brianne, I had a tonsillectomy 8 days ago. I'm sixteen years old. Everything is going fairly well so far. I didn't have any extra breathing or anything like that. The first two days after my surgery were HORRIBLE though, but I think anyone who has had this surgery can agree. I didn't even want to get off the couch. My pain in my throat is still fairly bad. I'm almost up on pain medication and I will deffinately be getting some more.

Anyway.

Last night before I went to sleep I started getting a numbness in my lips. It's not totally numb where-as I could pierce it and not feel it. But it's numb, and somewhat tingly but not really. Today, It's still there. Mostly on the left side my my face, though. I just want to know if that may be because I just had surgery and my nerves are still kind of messed up or... or something else.

My mom has Multiple Sclerosis and I just read something that said that lip numbness is a early sign of that. But, my mom said not to get too freaked out yet because I just had surgery. Anyway. PLEASE tell me if you know anything, or if you had the same symptom. Thanks!

p.s my doctors office is closed today and all I could do is leave a message.

I would suspect that the lip numbness is based more on the surgery and less on you having MS. Did you get hold of your doctor and find out what the issue was?

I just got a tonsilectomy yesterday. And ive noticed that the left part of my lip is numb too. The nurse said it might've been from the tubes down your throat...
but today the numbness came back.
ITS NOT JUST YOU