About a year ago, I noticed a tingling sensation on my lips. A few days later I noticed a little red mark on the lower left corner of my lip and the next day this same spot turned dark. I have seen several doctors, but no one seems to know what is going on with me. One doctor thought it was an allergic reaction to my lip gloss, but symptoms did not go away after my discontinued use. I've also tried lightening agents on my dark spot with no luck.

I am very frustrated now because I fear that something is seriously wrong here, but not even a doctor can help. I almost always feel a certain tingling in my lips; it gets worse when it's hot outside, or I'm in the sun. It also seems to act up if I kiss someone. I'm also concerned that this is contagious, which makes me fearful to kiss people. Is this contagious? What is this??? And how do I make the swelling feeling and tingling sensation go away??? I thought it may be a cold sore, but this isn't likely because I never had blisters, or oozing.

I would prefer to use a natural remedy, if possible. Another doctor thought that this may be a sun spot on my lip. If so, how do I make it go away??? It is very frustrating to have to cover it up with makeup everyday and it has definitely lowered my self esteem a bit, for fear that someone may see it; I am also scared to get close to anyone, because I don't want them thinking I have something contagious to pass onto them. If this IS contagious, how can I get rid of it so that I don't pass it to others? I am in desperate need of an answer, so please help me! :-( PLEASE!!!!

i too have lip tingling and a few really tiny pinpoint purple dots on my lips and just inside them where this sensation is. i use roc retinol, long stay lipsticks, had chemo last year and worried about what cause is. have you found out any more about it?

Hello there,
I have the same problem. 7 years ago I notice the first dark line at my lips. I went to soooooooo many doctors and noone knows what it is. First they told me was a cloasma, then some allergy, then a stopped blood, like broken capillars. However it is it is getting always bigger and i have it on upper and lower lip. I only want to know what is the cause of it so i can at least stop it of increasing. But noone knows what it is. I would like to contact you Kamil, to hear if you have some news about your problem, cause look exact as mine. Please contact me at _[removed]_ if you did find any solution for it. I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE.

Hello there,
I have the same problem as Kamil. It started all 7 years ago and till now noone found any solution. Noone knows what excelly it is. First they told me that is cloasma and they sent me to do dermobrasione etc but nothing helped, then they told me it can be allergy and is better not to touch, but not even that help, then they told me they are broken capillars (stopped blood) and gave me some cream but even that - no changes. Today I can only see is bigger and larger, and if before was only at upper lip today is even at the lower one, and is getting always bigger. Someone should knows what it is or at least what is the cause and try to stop it. I dont pretend that this deasipre also if would be a nice dream, but at least to stop to increasmant. I would really like to contact you Kamil, and hear what did they told you and if you did find any solution for it. I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT. thank youuuuuuuuu so much.

i have the very exact same problem!!!! but nobody can seem to tell me what i have!!

i have a question though... is this dark spot red? for me, it looks like a red spot on the tip of my lip, on the very top of the lip and skin. my lips tingle but i never have any sores.

i only had a sore-like pimple once, but the doctor said it was just an infection. ever since then i never had a sore, but just this constant tingling with no breakout. it really annoys me, and i have tried all the cold sore remedies there are. lysine and b12, which are said to help cure cold sures and are good preventive measures, dont really do anything.

Is it possibile we contact eatchother for exchange the experience and to see if we can help us ?!
Thanx

**edited by moderator**

i have the dots on my lips and some liquid is coming out of it and i dont really know what it is....but i was wondering if you ad the same thing......because a cold sore comes with thing thing on the side of your lip or on your lip but i have no idea what it is...and i was reading about the tingling red lips and it might be a cold sore but i am not sure...and usually it might be because of weather or too much sun exposure or something like that but im not sure and im only 13 id rather have it when i am an adult and i dont really like it...because it is really bothering me. And then my lips got all huge and was wondering if you had that too

Sounds like a cold sore to me. Stop eating wheat, oats, raisins, nuts and chocolate. Eat more veggies, meat and dairy products. Stay out of the sun, get plenty of rest and avoid the booze. Try lysine or Valtrex if that doesn't work.

heyy guys. well that dark spot around your lips is the effect of when your lips are severely dry and you lick your lips a lot. so it leaves a black ring around your lips.. but just try always having some sort of lip medex. ill suggest blistex.. cheap not expensive at all.. its the best thing out there.the most important thing is that your lips are kept moistured.

This is crazy how no one know what it is. Im having this problem now at first it started like a month or two ago with a liitle black spots and tingling sensation. It went away like two to three days later. Two weeks ago it came back but worst I had the black spot, tingling sensation, excessive dryness, so I pilled it and I got a blister than my lip felt and look like I had Botox. The doctors said I had Herpes. Now its back without the blister and it feel like plastic but hurts to peel. Im also scared if I peel it the same thing will happen with the blister. I dont know what to do now.

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS TWO YEARS OLD AND NOW HAS TWO BLACK SPOTS ON HER LIP. THE FIRST ONE WE ASKED HER DOCTOR ABOUT IT FOUR MONTHS AGO AND HE SAID IT WAS A BIRTH MARK. FUNNY WE NEVER SAW A BIRTH MARK TIL NOW. WELL NOW SHE HAS A SECOND ONE AND WE DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK ABOUT THE SPOTS BECAUSE HER DOCTOR DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE FIRST ONE WAS, HOW WILL HE KNOW WHAT THE SECOND ONE IS?

my symptoms started last week and now they are worse than ever, I feel the tingling and can see the swelling. my lips are purple and have red spots on my upper lip.

What my clue is that I have been recently under a lot of pressure and I think it could be a good reason for any unexplained health issue. I am supposed to see my doctor next week about some other issue but I'll definitely talk to him about this as well.

Anybody finds anything, just post your findings.

Good luck

Not sure if I can post as a guest, but I think I have the same condition. It started a month maybe two months ago and had some tingling, never blistered so I doubt it was a cold sore and it never went away. I just started using blistex cold fusion at the time to change up my chap stick and than tried the blistex lip massage. I am going to stop use of it and see if that is the problem.

What chap sticks have you guys used maybe it is something to do with that? I have seen the new neosprin night and day formula bottles that are supposed to fix lips in 3 days, but didn't try it yet.

Hate to post again, but had to since I did not register. I have also read SPF could be the cause of this one the lips and both those blistex products I switched to contained SPF on them. Something to look into possibly.

I had these symptoms too. I noticed it after I used Blistex which I had just bought. I also seem to have flare ups when I eat Mexican white cheese or processed cheese.