I HAVE DRIVEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY FOR 65 YEARS AND, LAST YEAR WHEN I TURNED 80, I TOOK MYSELF OFF THE ROAD DUE TO FAILING EYESIGHT.  HAVE HAD CLOSE CALLS, BUT NEVER AN ACCIDENT.  I NEVER TAKE MY EYES OFF DRIVING SAFELY.  WHAT IS NAME OF THAT PHOBIA, PASSENGER FEAR?

You haven't really given enough info to be informally diagnosed with a phobia. However, it sounds more like an anxiety problem- not a phobia. You turned 80 & have failling eyesight- I'd say this is the core of your driving anxiety. Not being able to see properly is going to cause anxiety- especially when in charge of a machine that could potentially kill you or someone else.

Are you looking for advice or just the name of the phobia? I'm not even sure there is such a phobia.

And what is the 'Passenger' bit about? You've stated that you're a driver....Nothing about being a passenger!

V

the name of the phobia that you mentioned is Amaxophobia. it is something i have.. i have an irrational fear of riding as a passenger. and as i get older (im only 48 but have had it for many many years) the worse it gets.. i have no problem if im driving but put me into the passenger seat and im white knuckled, sweating.. heart up in my throat. stomach right behind it..breathing becomes fast and harsh, and i hear myself make sounds like moaning and god knows what else comes out of my throat.. its not something i can control. i know there is help for it.. but need money to be able to get the help i need .