Its more a fear of every one else driving which has prevented me from getting on the roads. I can drive, I've taken the lessons (not many) I simply don't trust any ones actions around me. I know I can't control them, I know I have to trust myself to handle what ever may happen... but it still scares me to death, I absolutely fear being in a car crash. When I was young, it was a rainy morning, mum and I were driving from the airport along a highway and there was a crash, I didn't see how it happened, by the time we got there it had happened and all emergence crew were there. The was a guy directing traffic around the crash and was telling people not to look, now when some one says that, you just can't help it, so I looked... I saw a young man hanging out the window (as they were putting a cover over him) all bloody, most likely already dead, smashed up car and everything. I have never forgotten the exact spot it happened, I have never forgot his name once I found it out (road side cross) I don't want to be that person. And well thats only the beginning, I have almost been in a few crashes, once in my teens friend and I were approaching a party (in a car) as we were about to turn into the street a drunk driver screams round the corner, almost took out the car I was in, up the curb, back across the road and through somebody's fence. The most recent, mum had just bought a new car, we were waiting at the lights, ours turns green, thankfully mum took a slow start, but this old man goes flying through his red light, if mum drove like she normally did... it would have taken us out.
I don't know how to control this, I NEED to get my license, cause I've moved and public transport here is bad, hardly any really. I've spoken to therapists, councilors and what not, even spoke with a military psychologist and I swear she, well treated me like I was weird and actually had a giggle while saying "so you freak out when in cars with friends?" YA I don't trust any ones judgment except my mothers (When it comes to driving) GRRRR I NEED TO GET THIS SORTED!!!

Well this is a big problem.
How couldn't therapist help you? I don't understand that approach to you. You have a phobia and it is serious. It is highly unprofessional of him to laugh to your problem.
Have you tried to drive a car somewhere where there is no big density of traffic?