Good day. 

I don't have a luck in my relationships. I know that I am still young - I am 26 years old, but whenever I start some relationship, it ends really bad for me. I don't know why, but whenever I am alone I am sad, and when I have someone who likes and loves me, it seems to me that I don't like this as well.

I know that it is a little bit complicated, but I want to cut long story short and to tell you that I was reading something about  Commitment Phobia- This is a relationship anxiety, right?

Does this really exist? 

Hey Nataly,

Yes, this really exists. People who have commitment issues, commitment phobia or relationship anxiety, generally have a serious problem in staying in a relationship for the long-term. While they still experience love like anyone else, the feelings can be more intense and scary than they are for most people. These feelings drive increased anxiety, which builds upon itself and snowballs as the relationship progresses, and the expectation of a commitment looms larger.

People with a commitment phobia long and want a long-term connection with another person, but their overwhelming anxiety prevents them from staying in any relationship for too long.

Yeah, this really exists. However, some people with relationship anxiety may confuse positive feelings of excitement for another person and the potential of a relationship with the feelings of anxiety. For instance, normal feelings of anticipation or may be misconstrued by the person as a panic reaction, or general negative anxiousness. Some may also just have a difficult time resolving the inherent conflict of romantic relationships, the craving of intimacy while wanting to retain their own individuality and freedom. It is a really hard thing to fight with. Some people with this condition never really made it possible for them to be in a healthy relationship.

It doesn't necessarily have to mean that you are suffering from commitment phobia Nataly, I'd suggest talking to a good psychologist about this, these people can really help you out.

A friend of mine is suffering from this. I wasn't really aware that this thing even exists when she told me about it. She actually went to see a psychologist after many, many bad relationships and break ups, and it turned out that she is suffering from this relationship anxiety. That was two years ago and she still isn't able to maintain a normal relationship, it is a really hard thing to suffer from.

My friend had experience with it unfortunately. This type of phobia is very painful experience for both, not just for one person. Usually the art of pushing and pulling and the seduction, of course, are the domain of the commitment “phobe”. This type of phobia, commitment phobia is something that I can see that it happens to both – women and men as well. Well, the most common cause of this is a fear. This is a fear of getting intimate with someone or to connect deep, emotionally with someone. Usually, people who are commitment phobic feel that they need to cut out their feelings after certain things, such as knowing someone or something like that.

Yeah, but it is a lot harder for the person who is suffering from commitment phobia. She has to go through this in every relationship that she is having. I mean, it is hard as well for the other person but not as near as it is for this person.

I'm so sorry honey that we cannot help you with this. You need to find the right person, that's the solution. He needs to be very patient and he needs to know exactly what to do and how to do it with you. You need to stay strong until he comes along.

Hello there. It is true, it really exists. I didn't know that this issue has a name, but a few months ago I find out that this is actually called commitment phobia or relationship anxiety. My good friend John broke up with his biggest love almost five years ago. And he is not recovered from it yet. He wanted to give a chance to some gorgeous damsel from his job but when they needed to go out to the date, he never showed up there. He told me that he is tired of her and of the relationships, and he didn't even gave her a chance. 

I understand what you are trying to tell me, but I can tell you that I am really scared. A lot.I really want to be loyal and faithful to someone, I really want to be with someone. For example, I wake up in the morning and I start to believe that I am ready for certain relationship. And the next thing - I am really scared. I have tried to talk to my friends about this, but I think that they don't understand me. They don't understand what is going on and how I feel. I understand that, since I know that it is very hard to be in someones skin.

Good day guys. Yes, it is true. This phobia really exist. I was skeptical a little bit about this when I have heard it for the first time, but I met this girl who really had problems with relationship anxiety, She really was into some guy but whenever they needed to see each other, she was extremely in panic. Thanks God he understand this and he didn't insist, but he was by her side all the time. And I still believe that thanks to him she was over this commitment phobia. So, yes, it exists and if you don't have someone who is going to help you to deal with it, you are in big problem...Good luck.