Hi, I have a huge problem! I am a student who is willing to study and has many ambitions, but can’t attend his university classes. I would have to communicate with professors and other students all the time, which is impossible, because I have a social phobia. What should I do? Any suggestions?

I suffer from social phobia too, so I know how you feel. I have a fear of speaking, eating and drinking in front of the others. In those situations, I start sweating and shaking like it’s the worst thing in the world that could happen to me. But it’s even worse when I have to confront more than one person. I think in that moment I’m going to faint. When I’m in company of others, I have a constant fear that I’m being watched and judged all the time. Because of the social phobia I am afraid to speak, and the only thing I’m thinking about is how I’m going to embarrass myself, and that I couldn’t bear! I hate my condition, and I want to be normal and social like anybody else. The social phobia is standing on my way of making relationships and friendships, and it’s literally ruing my life.