My friend uses coke and gets stomachaches, fevers, and diarrhea. When I use it (once every 6 mths. or so), I don't. What's up?

The contineuel use of Caocaine causes extreme results.The use of t over several months every six month or so doesnt have the same effects. All i can say is that your friend is in EXTREME danger of dying...So are you...you cant use drugs and expect to get off scotch free...your doing to dye if you dont stop.

Uhhh you're not going to die from using cocaine once ever 6 months, don't listen to him. But your friend on the other hand is in trouble.

peace

ummh are you stupid?
your killing your self
everysix months? every time
you do tat every six months yiur at risk of
a heart attack or seziure since your not a regual user

cokd
coke= :-S

Health Hazards

Cocaine and crack cocaine are both extremely addictive substances that change the way that the brain functions. The euphoria felt when cocaine or crack enters the body is actually increased amounts of dopamine building up in the brain. Cocaine and crack are street drugs and are very dangerous because they can contain different substances and/or chemicals that can cause adverse reactions in the body. Even in their pure form they can produce such effects as heart attacks, strokes and cardiac arrest. These types of health hazards can occur at any time and are not based on the amount or the number of times a person uses the drug. Shorter-term health hazards include dilated pupils, changes in bodily functions including heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature as well as changes in a person’s eating and sleeping patterns. Many times people who use cocaine or crack are also consuming alcohol, a habit that may cause sudden death without warning. The chemical mixture of these substances can have unexpected consequences. One of the most extreme consequences of cocaine and crack use is addiction. Once addiction has taken over a person’s life, it is almost impossible to stop using without help. Addiction can be characterized by increased tolerance, physical dependence, obsession and cravings, in addition to other life consequences. People who become addicted to these drugs often have a difficult time living if they are not under the influence. Cocaine abuse can lead to addiction, insanity and even death, with many other penalties along the way. Cocaine use can lead to respiratory disease, hallucinations, as well as excessive financial burden and debt. While not all people become criminals when involved with these drugs, many people are forced to sustain their habit with criminal behavior such as lying, cheating and stealing to get the drugs they need.

I am a 25 yr old addict of snorting any kind of pills. It all started with a simple loratab, twice a day. 2 years later im fresh out of rehab, looking for anything to snort including cocaine. (when I can afford it) As far as mixing goes , I have snorted over 60 ritilan for the past 2 days with no sleep, and on top of that just got a gram of cocaine. Now im not bragging here, and I know im stupid for doing theese drugs together, but other then my blood pressure going up, and the feeling of extreme hyperness throughout my body, i think ill bo ok. I do carefully monitor my blood pressure when i do ritilan with cocaine. Seeing how iv had high blood pressure since i was around 13yrs old. Now tonight, i will slowely bring myself down with some vodka, that will kill the come-down feeling for me imediately. So what I am saying is, if you are gonna mix drugs, space them out, and monitor your vitals at all times!

Has anyone else noticed that the vast majority of posts making the assertion that irregular cocaine use will result in death (or some other dire consequence) are written by individuals with a complete inability to spell or properly construct a sentence.

Far be it for me to criticize the intelligence of these authors, however I do believe that the opinion of someone with the linguistic skills of a third grader should be treated with some degree of contempt.

In any case, I'm not trying to 'troll' or 'flame' nor am I some bored teenager looking to elicit a response.

I simply wish to offer an accurate rebuttal to these unsubstantiated claims that single time cocaine use causes permanent damage.

Firstly, Cocaine is not neurotoxic... and by definition does NOT cause brain damage. This is a known and provable scientific fact, cited by NIDA in a comparison of cocaine and (meth)amphetamine.

nida.nih.gov/nida_notes/NNVol13N1/Comparing.html
Look about halfway down the page.

Secondly is the issue of addiction, yes cocaine is potentially psychologically addictive, however the very fact that the individual in question can maintain infrequent patterns of usage (once every 6 months) makes this point largely irrelevant.

Thirdly is the risk to the cardiovascular system. Anyone who does not have a pre-existing medical condition affecting the cardiovascular system will be no more at risk of heart attack or stroke after taking a single dose of cocaine. Furthermore, the stimulant effects of cocaine place the cardiovascular system under the a similar amount of stress as some commonly prescribed diet medications (duromine, etc.)

I am the first to admit that the substance has an extremely high propensity for abuse and am not by any means advocating its use. I am simply stating that claims of long term damage as a result of single time use are provably false.

Furthermore, making unbacked assertions such as those above serves only to perpetuate the cycle of fear and ignorance surrounding the use of these substances, rendering users outcasts in society and isolating them from help should they need it.

I read your post, and have to say that I agree. I realize all to well that addiction , short and long term effects , and recovery are extremely difficult.
I was actually trying to find a forum detouring people from choosing their poison , rather than giving tips on actually how , when, and where to use. I am in no way trying to degrade anyone , and everyone has a right to their own opinion(s). I am not at all an expert author/writer , but I did find some post's hard to follow , as the wording didn't seem to come together in sentences.
I am in a recovery state myself , and am just looking for positive feedback, informative info., and a place where I can go to feel that I am not alone. I have alot of great information myself if anyone is interested, as I have researched many avenues to help speed my path to staying clean and healthy. Thanks!

Ok - so what is the situation if you have been addicted - heavily for a long period of time, then you stop for about a year, and then you use again 3 or 4 times in a month - are you back to square one or do you have it under control? Are you harming yourself the same way that you were before - ie using every day - even though it seems to be less of a necessity now?

I have had a heart attack after using .5g of cocaine during 3 days period. During days mostly. Now I'm experiencing heart failure like symptoms eve though my ECG, blood and echo were fine. The stress test I have scheduled soon, but my feet are constantly cold and shortness of breath is very bad.

Please do not use this drug. I've did tried almost every drug existing on the market long time ago, I've not used anything for years. Than a one time 3 day binge turned into this. This is probably one of the most dangerous drugs in terms of physical damage. Please wish me luck in my recovery.