I am a mother of 16 year old boy. I think that he has been smoking marijuana or has been using some drugs. What are the signs, how can I be sure. Are there physical changes on his body that I can see? How drugs affect the body? He lost some weight in past three months and became anxious.

Do you think that he has been using hallucinogens? I tried drugs like marijuana and magic mushrooms. It mostly affected my perception, you know like seeing thing is destroyed way. Well, reaction is individual, but it does harm the body, brain, effects the relationships with other people… it changes the life style. If he uses some stimulants mild effects would be thirstiness, loss of appetite, restlessness…stronger effects would be headaches and stomach cramps, aggression, paranoia. It is not hard to recognize users of stimulants because they can be physically run down because of lack of sleep and food. Please, be careful to talk with your child before jumping to conclusions about possible drug use.