took an ept test about 2 days before my period, understand that this only makes it around 85% accurate, but had to test to relax my nerves a little bit XD . Anyways, there was a dark single line in the square box, and a faded horizontal line in the circle box. What could this mean?

It means that you did a test two early and that it is impossible to say. This is what usually happens to me when I can’t calm down and do certain things to easy my nerves. I get no reply for my troubles. It is how things work.

It’s been three days since, so I suppose you had done another test. What did it show?

Home pregnancy tests are best done a day after your period was supposed to arrive. I reckon that placenta starts making hcg hormones as soon as the embryo crawls up into the endometrial lining (lining of the uterus) and that the levels are getting extremely high in the first couple of days when they become detectable for the HPT.

How long have you been trying to get pregnant?

I know this topic is quite past due and if the OP WAS pregnant, she's indeed had the baby by now but my last two pregnancies began with faint second lines and both test manufacturers told me it was positive from the beginning. I'd be curious to know if that was what happened this time.