I took a Clear Blue Easy Early Result Digital test this morning and to my surprise it clearly said "Pregnant." But I was convinced (or maybe just shocked) so I went and about a First Response and there is NO indication whatsoever of there being a second line anywhere. So I'm confused! I did some research and found out that Clear Blue Easy has a very very small window of error and almost never gives a false positive, but then why would the supposedly more sensitive First Response give such a BFN? Anyone had this problem or can you shed some light on it? My husband is over the moon, I literally think he's walking on air! We have three daughters and had a miscarriage with our son at 16 weeks in Jan. but I don't even feel pregnant, he keeps telling me I am, but I'm not convinced, especially after conflicting results.

I actually had the SAME exact thing happen.. thank god I found this!! I've been searching for this all week. I take NuvaRing for birth control and never have periods, so I like to take pregnancy tests every month/every other month in case I have an unnoticed pregnancy slip by and don't find out for months! I had ALL the pregnancy symptoms 4 weeks ago, swore I was pregnant, blood test at Docs' came back Neg.

Now recently I took a Clear Blue Digital for the heck of it for this month, and it CLEARLY said "Pregnant". I tore the test open and DID see two lines, with the one being very faint. I then took a "First Response" which is supposed to be VERY accurate with a more sensitive HCG counter, and there was CLEARLY NO second line.

I am going today to get another test, both the Clear Blue Digital and another good brand to test again. If either one says positive I'm going to go in for a blood test. However, like yourself, I have no pregnancy symptoms. But there are people that never have the normal symptoms.

Let me know if you get any results, hopefully I will get down to the bottom of this as well! :-) Best of Luck!

Rachel

Nope.. took two Clear Blue Digitals.. both said "not pregnant" and a generic brand also definitely did NOT have a second line. SO confused!

I checked out Amazon.com for the Clear Blue Digital Test, and if you look under the ratings for it of people that have used it, you will see how many people have had false positives!

I totally understand...I have 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, was pregnant at 14-16 weeks in April 05" when I miscarried. I just got to the point I wanted to try and planned it. From a calculation site I should of been able to possibly getting a result on Aug. 6, which I did, Positive...then this morning on Aug. 12 I took another test, it was Negative. Both test were Clear Blue Digital. The only thing is, this morning, I didn't take it on my first urine of the morning, I had a cup of coffee, then went on my second uring of the morning. Which is totally dumb of me to set myself up for a testing disappointment. So now I am confused. I will test again in the morning with several test im sure. It's so disappointing too, more so in myself for not following instructions.

Hello :O)
I just woke up, pottered into my bathroom - and after tidying up a bit- i come across a CB Digi test - the little window very clearly reads Positive.
I now begin to freak out.
3 months ago I had an ectopic pregnancy, and have since been very carefull, and in fact- yesterday i finished i period.
I DID NOT TAKE THE TEST I HAVE JUST FOUND.

so where did it come from?

well not to go into too many details, my partner is vehemently denying knowledge of it.

he suggests our toddler might've been messing about in the bathroom and my wash bag from hospital and played with the test (I couldn't remember if i had any left, so I honestly don't know if this could be possible)
Have since been scouring the internet to find experiences of false positives with Clear Blue digital tests - with most people saying it's impossible!
Thank goodness I found your post - I never even thought about ripping it open to check if there were in fact 2 lines - there is only one, and the test doesn't look like it's been urinated on (yes, if it had I would've been covered in some tart's pee - but I think that would be the least of my worries!)

so - my message to everyone is - if you're not sure - RIP THE THING OPEN!
I am now looking at the dismantled test- still happily displaying Positive in the window - while the pee stick from inside only has one line !

I would've hated this to happen if I had taken the test and thought I was preg.. so check, check, and check again.

I had the same problem this weekend, only i just used the standard clear blue easy. On Saturday, i clearly had the + and decided to test again on Sun, since i bought the 2 pack. well, on Sun it was neg. So i guess, i will have to buy another test and see about it. I use the Mirena IUD, and it concerns me that i may be pregnant with that on board. Unlike your posts, I have been waking up nauseated and throwing up for about 2 weeks and peeing like crazy. Thats why i decided to test--any ideas what a more reliable test might be?

I am so confused.... And sad! I took a test two days ago and it was a super strong and fast positive (first response). I took another clear blue digital about 45 min later and it said not pregnant. I have in the last two days had 4 negative tests varied between blue, FR and dollar store brands. I have gone for blood work and am waiting fpr results.... How on earth can u get such a strong positive and not be pregnant? No sign of aunt flow but I am crampy. I am 7 days late today. Any insight?

The clear blue easy early detection digital test is the best test out there, better than any test even the strip tests the doctor offices use. The dr. 's buy those test strips in bulk (100) at a time very cheap cost, and they are not as sensitive as the digital test by clear blue. They cant afford to buy expensive tests. I am 41 and have been trying to conceive for 4 months. I took the first respose early result test and had a faint blue line it was there but questionable. That night I bought the clear blue digital and took the test.... not first morning urine,it said clear words PREGNANT. Went to Dr next day test strip indicated "possible shadow" had transvaginal sono... showed nothing, they took blood work.... came home took another clear blue digital... PREGNANT, got my hcg blood results back and YES I am pregnant... Level is 45 which indicates early pregnancy. Please have faith in that test, it is accurate... It only detects hcg and if you have that congratulations... you ARE pregnant!

I took a clearblue digital test tonight and it said NOT PREGNANT however when i popped it open right after the results popped up it had a very faint blue line. Is it at all possible that I AM pregnant even though the test said no but had the two lines? My husband is deploying to afghanistan and I'm very worried he may not come home and we want a child very badly. Any help at all would be awesome. :)

hiya hun so if i got a pregnant on 2 and then not pregnant on 1 and opened all 3 and they all had 2 lines would they all be positive

So one week ago i took a clear blue test within the time frame it had the 2nd line meaning pregnant i was so so so excited! i am currently waiting for a blood test at the end of this week to confirm! but i am going nuts waiting! so i went and got 3 first response test. to my suprise when i used 1st morning urine it came up negitive... so i tried another one... and the 2nd first response i tried came up with a 2nd line! so confused!!!!...  guess i will have to wait for blood test!.

so i know how you feel :).

I have skipped my period and i am on my 4th week without having my period... 

it is so interesting haha :).

whatever happened? same thing happened to me today. end up pregnant?

Did you ever find out?? Im on my 3rd week with missed period 1 positive 2 negative.

Im in the same boat 2 faint positives and 4 neg just so confused as been ttc for 3 years after a previous mc and nothing but now late on my period should of come on on 13 sept so took test but so confused as getting faint pos then neg can anyone help???

hi i have had moreless the same as you i took a pregnancy test yesterday and it sed positive so i took another same again pos and then i took another 2 they seem neg i tested using the same urin sampleas i did with the others and then took a clear blue the ones with the cross that was posative then this morning i took a clearblue digital and it sed not pregnant i started bleeding a week before my due date and tested whilst bleeding but before i was bleeding i was getting negative results i am so confused if i was having a miscarriage then why would i be getting pos result when before i bled the were neg ???? please help!!!